Some new stuff

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
NOTE: Keep in mind that these are still work in progress....

These are the models I am working on. They will be used in the Episode XI of my online comic

^

|

I will be doing voice for this guy

Let me know what you think

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I like the guy with the caved in face.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I like the guy with the kind of turbans in his head.

You seems to like sharp edged faces, Leonis, could you make one fatty character ?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

You seems to like sharp edged faces, Leonis, could you make one fatty character ?

There will be no fat guys in the next two episodes because.....all people in these scenes are super poor and sick.....

But fat guys will start to show up in episode XIII
  • Reply 4 of 14
    the woman in the veil bikini has something odd about her torso proportions.

extra ribs? can't decide. maybe it's Olive Oyl.

'turbans in head' as Powerdoc described him, especially winking triplets pose, wins.

but what's with the extra right ear on the right triplet? cauliflower ear?

and the cheekbone, bent nose and bruises? wait... he's a boxer!

the same guy at the bottom is post-fight from earlier days (darker hair, different bruise)

all he needs are some tweaks and bushy eyebrows.

where's the "foul-mouthed/kind-hearted" burgess meredith-esque manager?

keep up the good work, Leonis
  • Reply 5 of 14
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

the woman in the veil bikini has something odd about her torso proportions.

extra ribs? can't decide. maybe it's Olive Oyl.

you are right, her breast are too high. The nip of the breast (for the perfect ones) are supposed to be at the same level than the middle of the arm in a front view, and here there are the superior 1/3 of the arm (at the level of her rings).

Leonis, you should put her breasts more low : the nip must be at the level of the middle of theirs arms (for perfect breasts, for big boops, the nip will be lower).
  • Reply 6 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I don't think her shoulders are wide enough.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Those guys will get more details for sure....especially to the "sick" one since his voice is my voice

But as for the females....they will only last for 10 seconds and I don't really know if I should put more energy on them......
  • Reply 8 of 14
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    How long have you been at it? Do you just hack around for fun or professionally, or are you a student aspiring to professional work?

I ask because I want to make a few criticisms and observations. It looks plastic, as do many of your models, detailed and proficient perhaps, technically, but dead, plasticy, if that makes sense. This is not to single you out as amateurish, since it's a complaint I have with most commercial 3-d art, game art, sci fi special effects, anime, cartoons etc etc, though I don't play games any more, I still see a lot of the art around and it all seems to suffer from, IMHO, being "computer generated"

It's like a whole generation of artists think in "computer", rather than think in terms of form, color, proportion, etc etc. This new thinking has some advantages in technical proficiency (at least when on the computer) but I think it weakens some of the artistic faculties that artists used to develop more completely.

I think you might benefit form a photography class, and some good old hand drawing and painting, perhaps even sculpture, just to feel what physical media do as opposed to the "virtual" media.

I realize that there's a sort of animators style that goes into the forms, but to me they seem less drawn from a desire for a style/convention as they are from a desire to skip that last little bit of effort that makes a form true.

Perhaps its the difference between being a technician and a craftsman, ro even artist, though after thinking about it for a long time, I'm not sure exactly what "artisrt" means.

Understand?

Sorry for sounding like so many art critics who've done enough to damage good sense over the years.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    These models are for my online comic which is only a PERSONAL HOBBY, not commercial stuff at all

As a self-taught person I am making them as "experiments"....to see what I can and can't do. That's it.

I have heard things way worse in the past.

80% of those so-call "critics" out there always blast on people's hobbies (even Brian Talyor, the creator of RustBoy, got blasted by these people for no reason). I have no idea why.

Matsu, I don't mean you are that type of person. I just want to point out that the type of people I just said aren't doing anything good to people....in other words....they are trouble makers.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    All the more impressive for being self taught, and since you're the type who can teach himself, I suggest a little "hands on" practice with physical media. I'm not saying they're not good, just that they seem to be at the point now where you need some other influences to really unlock your potential.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    I need reference. I know this....but I am just too lazy to search

anyway....some revised models are coming shortly
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Do you draw? I taught myself to draw using a couple of anatomy for illustrators type books, Gray's Anatomy and another on chock full of nudes. I can still draw OK, but am wayy too slow and messy (not enough PRACTICE!) to ever be a good illustrator.

I'd say try that, hand drawing, and some photography. I've been taking pics lately, makes me want to draw again.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    haven't drawn for many years.....think it's time to pick up a pencil
  • Reply 14 of 14
    The Blue Meanie thinks the woman in the bikini looks a bit chilly. Put some clothes on her, Leonis, or she'll catch her death!