purrrchasing advice: PowerBook 17"

in General Discussion edited January 2014

i need a Lapzilla for school (new media student) and school starts tomorrow! i can "wait" 'til Sunday (the 7th) to buy one, but after that, not possible. i.e. funky, parental units, for which i am grateful tho!

sooo, i was wondering, based on what people think re: what will come out in Paris, would the need to buy a Lapzilla now not be so bad? i mean, i am completely satisfied with the specs for the 17"; if they only do a speed bump, then, it's coooo.

but (hypothesize with me, please,) what if they come out with something like a G5 PowerBook? will i be able to return the 17" i'll have purchased?

depending on what alla y'alls think, i'll either buy non-CTO and just waaaaait and see, and pay the restocking fee, OR just buy and be satisfied.

please advizzise.


  • Reply 1 of 2
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Find a place with a 15-30 day return policy. See what happens in the next 2-3 weeks.

    Go back some time later and buy something to repay them for the free loaner.
  • Reply 2 of 2

    if something new does come out in Paris, how long is the wait gonna be for that?
Sign In or Register to comment.