Blue screen (with icons) on start up

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm running 10.2.6 on a 1ghz TiBook with a gig of ram and I recently started seeing this blue screen (with icons framed in black) instead of my desktop for a few seconds after everything has loaded. Once the dock is onscreen the desktop image appears and everything looks normal. This started to happen pretty recently, and its not really that big of a big deal, but I'm wondering if there is something in my settings that might be causing it...or am I just being fussy?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Sounds cool.........Wish I could have it...

I've managed the pale sky blue thing but not the rest...

It doesn't seem to effect my machine...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Okay, so I guess that means I am just being fussy.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Okay, so I guess that means I am just being fussy.

Could be..

In my early mac days Aka 1980's I was pissed off to see a line across the screen..turns out that "join" was perfectly normal..more announced on some models..less on others..

If you are still concerned..I suggest re-installing OS to see if that clears up your "problem"...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Do you have any third-party items installed that invokes the Minimize in Place option? If so, that can affect your desktop and the dock in the cosmetic (not related to functional) way you describe.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

Do you have any third-party items installed that invokes the Minimize in Place option? If so, that can affect your desktop and the dock in the cosmetic (not related to functional) way you describe.

Nope, but I do have a lot of other junk on there. Now that I think about it though, I don't recall having seen this (very minor, transitory and purely cosmetic) issue before connecting my TiBook to a TV to play a DivX file...but I know I reset everything back the way it was.

I don't know if its a big enough deal to warrant my re-installing...maybe I'll just wait for Panther
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    We have a 500Mhz G4 that does that when you login with a non admin user.

Works fine tho.

Dobby.