What to send to people living elsewhere. . .

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A question to anyone who ever lived in another country for a while away from friends, or anyone who has friends living far away.

A friend is living in England for a year, and I want to stay in touch and send stuff to her, but I'm kinda at a loss for what would be appreciated. I'll be sending pictures of friends and people at school, cool newspaper clippings and stuff, but still, I feel as if I could come up with more. I think cookies would go stale traveling across the atlantic. She likes book and music, but I would probably send her stuff she's already read/heard.

What have you sent/recieved that was meaningful, and interesting? any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    send non-perishable items that she likes, for instance white chedder popcorn etc etc (that was one that I sent). I also found a book called Americans Traveling Abroad, it is propaganda to the fullest degree but it was kindly received. etc etc... personal is always best....
  • Reply 2 of 4
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    a letter

always seem to have nice impact
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Peanut Butter.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Small electronics devices. They are much cheaper in the US, although things are evening out with the ever-so-low dollar these days.