Just got my new G5!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 67
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Temporarily Unavailable

The Angelfire site you are trying to reach has been temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth consumption.

The site will be available again in approximately 1 hours!

1 hour, HA!

With G5 pics on it, that account isn't coming back.
  • Reply 22 of 67
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Maybe I'm asking too much, but can someone with web space re-post them?
  • Reply 23 of 67
    I can see them now.

Good pictures too.
  • Reply 24 of 67
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Hey Placebo, did you buy it yourself? 3K is a lot of money.
  • Reply 25 of 67
    Hang on, I thought that was his son...

There's a bit of a Harry Potter kind of look going on there.
  • Reply 26 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ernest eMac

Hang on, I thought that was his son...

I know, that's what I thought too.

But if you look at his profile, it lists his age as '13,' yet the posts and purchases seem to fit an older person.
  • Reply 27 of 67
    Placebo, I mean this as a compliment. How old are you?
  • Reply 28 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

...if you look at his profile, it lists his age as '13,' yet the posts and purchases seem to fit an older person.

Beat me too it. Man, I thought I was mature and literate at 13. Of course that was during the Carter administration.
  • Reply 29 of 67
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Just a well-spoken, got-his-act-together 13-year-old. With a very cool computer, no less.

• Reply 30 of 67
    [edit: bah, nevermind. i was mistaken.]
  • Reply 31 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Just a well-spoken, got-his-act-together 13-year-old. With a very cool computer, no less.

Still, how on earth was he able to afford a computer like that at 13? Did his parents buy it? Ahhh...so confused.. \
  • Reply 32 of 67
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    All these new G5's!!

Dammit, you are all going to hell!

Grrr....

Nick
  • Reply 33 of 67
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

I am now officially macless, I sold my G4 & we gave our iMac to my parents and I'm waiting for my G5 to arrive.

I'm not one who usually cares if something like a computer is delayed, but even though I'm using a 3gig PC with all the bells and whistles it aint a Mac & I'm getting antsy.

Certainly not a big deal but reading all these "I got my G5 posts" is suddenly getting to me!
  • Reply 34 of 67
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Well! I feel flattered! I guess I must be more articulate than I previously gave myself credit for. Suddenly I feel like Einstein.

Yes, I did buy that computer with my hard earned money, and my parents probably wouldn't have picked up the tab otherwise. I do confess that my mother (a highscool librarian) helped with her faculty discount. But otherwise, the computer was bought with my money.

My dad made me buy Applecare, though, and now I don't have enough cash for Cinema 4D. But I'll be able to get enough money somehow. Maybe weedle $150 out of them both.

And... If someone notes my likeness to Harry Potter one more time, I'll have to buy some hornrimmed glasses.

EDIT: Thanks for the cropping, Amorph. I scaled my pics, but forgot to clip the canvas accordingly.
  • Reply 35 of 67
    Quote:

My new G5 also just arrived. You can check out my pics of its birth at:

http://homepage.mac.com/fireball1244/PhotoAlbum25.html

Heh, I recognize your Crucial RAM box...which is the only part of my (dual) G5 system that I have right now :-/
  • Reply 36 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Well! I feel flattered! I guess I must be more articulate than I previously gave myself credit for. Suddenly I feel like Einstein.

Yes, I did buy that computer with my hard earned money, and my parents probably wouldn't have picked up the tab otherwise. I do confess that my mother (a highscool librarian) helped with her faculty discount. But otherwise, the computer was bought with my money.

My dad made me buy Applecare, though, and now I don't have enough cash for Cinema 4D. But I'll be able to get enough money somehow. Maybe weedle $150 out of them both.

And... If someone notes my likeness to Harry Potter one more time, I'll have to buy some hornrimmed glasses.

EDIT: Thanks for the cropping, Amorph. I scaled my pics, but forgot to clip the canvas accordingly.

Why on Earth would you buy Cinema 4D? Seriously, it's mediocre.

1) Academicsuperstore.com

2) There are better products for cheaper, especially if you're a newbie to 3D. Get something like Carrara first. Then I'd personally recommend Electric Image or FormZ (or both) depending on where you're interests lie.
  • Reply 37 of 67
    lmdlmd Posts: 5member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Why on Earth would you buy Cinema 4D? Seriously, it's mediocre.

1) Academicsuperstore.com

2) There are better products for cheaper, especially if you're a newbie to 3D. Get something like Carrara first. Then I'd personally recommend Electric Image or FormZ (or both) depending on where you're interests lie.

Cinema 4d, mediocre? Get Carrara, EI, FormZ?

Haha, an expert has spoken!
  • Reply 38 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by lmd

Cinema 4d, mediocre? Get Carrara, EI, FormZ?

Haha, an expert has spoken!

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.

The modeling capabilities of C4D are vastly inferior to the ones in FormZ 4.0. The rendering and animation, vastly inferior to what's in EI. I've used them all. I don't see what's the fuss about C4D. . . On second thought, I've never really heard any fuss about C4D.

It's used in some videogames, and maybe a few TV series, but EI and FormZ are just so much more distinguished and cost about the same. EI is a freakin' steal, considering that it's animation capabilities are pretty extraordinary. There are things EI Animator is capable of that are truly mind-blowing.
  • Reply 39 of 67
    Cinema 4D is used to make all of Apple's icons... and they are always really nice
  • Reply 40 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

Cinema 4D is used to make all of Apple's icons... and they are always really nice

Are you sure about that? (You shouldn't be.)