Low sales due to anticipation of new PB's etc..

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
With product cycles at or around 9 months, is there any way to curb this problem that Apple seem to have? Sales of products due for an upgrade slump at or around that time as buyers are fully aware that an updated version is around the corner.

Does Apple just make revisions more randomly spread out? How do other computer manufacturers deal with this same problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Until we can stop all the rumor mongering Apple will be plauged by this problem. It's too bad really.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I think that's why Apple tries so hard to keep new developments and updates so quiet. Who in their right mind would spend $$$ for something today when (rumor has it) next week you can get a 20%-30% better product for the same $$$.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

Until we can stop all the rumor mongering Apple will be plauged by this problem. It's too bad really.

it's not rumor mongering, it's common sense any idiot can figure out.... gee 15 inch powerbook has been the same exact way for 9 months.... gee it doesnt even fit in the current line up appearance wise and feature wise....gee maybe its gonna be updated.

apple does it to themself........ 9-10 month upgrade cycles is pathetic, especially considering what we are given after that amount of time.

i miss 1999 and when it was like 3-4 month revision cycles
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

it's not rumor mongering, it's common sense any idiot can figure out.... gee 15 inch powerbook has been the same exact way for 9 months.... gee it doesnt even fit in the current line up appearance wise and feature wise....gee maybe its gonna be updated.

apple does it to themself........ 9-10 month upgrade cycles is pathetic, especially considering what we are given after that amount of time.

i miss 1999 and when it was like 3-4 month revision cycles

idiot? thanks. nice shot there.

And this isn't a thread about the 15" Powerbook, it is about all the hardware.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

idiot? thanks. nice shot there.

And this isn't a thread about the 15" Powerbook, it is about all the hardware.

the funny thing is i never intended that towards you. you just connected yourself with it.

so.... who knows.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

it's not rumor mongering, it's common sense any idiot can figure out....

How exactly was this not directed towards me, might I ask?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

How exactly was this not directed towards me, might I ask?

I love it when people actually get offended by messages posted on an internet forum.

Apple needs to get their production line under better control. Really. This nonsense of delay after delay, coupled with products long overdue for updates does nothing but hurt business all around. Updates should occur for stuff like this on a regualr basis, excepting the wilder product line revisions. More importantly, they should be delivered on time for minor updates. The AL enclosure is not a mystery anymore. It's been out for "9" months now, so why would you buy a 15" knowing that it HAS to be updated at some point to the new form factor. Apple Expo needs to have not just some updated processors, but a lot of ready to ship powerbooks.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I wasn't offended, but I thought it was bad form for a mod.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Any idiot can figure it out. That's what he said.

I would say if you're going to be called an idiot for anything it's your difficulty with understanding the language.