Several first-day dual G5 orders shipping today 9/15

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Several people on the Apple G5 discussion boards have reported that they've received their tracking numbers for stock dual 2.0 GHz G5 CPUs today. All the reports I've seen are for those who ordered the day of the announcement.

A (new) unsubstantiated rumor from someone who claimed to have an inside source also popped up that a motherboard revision was the holdup, but he would not say what his source was.

-- Mark

Comments

• Reply 2 of 7
    Is Apple Order Status down tonight?

I've tried several times to check but I can't seem to log onto it.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Yup, just got my tracking number. Ordered the day of.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander

Yup, just got my tracking number. Ordered the day of.

Stock? or CTO?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolmac

Is Apple Order Status down tonight?

I've tried several times to check but I can't seem to log onto it.

Me too, I've been trying off and on since mid-day, and I get the following error:

Quote:

Backend Invalid Response Error

This error indicates that an invalid response was received from the backend server.

Please try again. If this problem continues, please notify the web server administrator.

• Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by FreakTornado

Me too, I've been trying off and on since mid-day, and I get the following error:

Probably means that either everyone's going nuts, or they took the server down because they weren't going to be able to update it fast enough and they didn't want everyone getting upset.

-- Mark
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Late this evening (Sept 15th) I received a tracking number from the on-line Apple Store for a stock G5, dual 2 gig. This was a general consumer order and not education or any other special category. Order was placed on June 24th.

Just thought some out there may be interested.