RIAA sues 12 yr. old honors student. Good work

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    If any of you get TechTV on cable or your satellite dish, they're running a special on this called music wars.
  • Reply 42 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by AlPanther

If any of you get TechTV on cable or your satellite dish, they're running a special on this called music wars.

I just saw that. The first part was pretty stupid, but the "Open Mike" wasn't that bad.

Also, the EFF has started a petition to stop the RIAA lawsuits.

http://eff.org/share/petition/
  • Reply 43 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

I just saw that. The first part was pretty stupid, but the "Open Mike" wasn't that bad.

I saw about the last 45 min of the open forum. What was before it?
  • Reply 44 of 52
    Quote:

I saw about the last 45 min of the open forum. What was before it?

The first part was pretty much the facts. Who's who, what's what. There wasn't anything interesting in that section, IMHO.
  • Reply 45 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

If some of these RIAA bozos were here right now, I'd have a hard time refraining myself from strangling them. This is flaming white-hot hatred I'm feeling.

I second that. God fücking damn the RIAA pisses me off.
  • Reply 46 of 52
    Soon their probably sue someone who is dead. Or end up suing RIAA family members. I bet plenty of kids whose parents work for the RIAA download music.

Or maybe their sue some senators kid or the Bush daughters. The best will be when some kid doesn't get to go to college and his parents have to sell their house and become homeless just to pay the RIAA.

The best solution is to only buy/download indie music. No RIAA or major labels.
  • Reply 47 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by jante99

The best solution is to only buy/download indie music. No RIAA or major labels.

I second that too. God fücking damn the RIAA pisses me off.
  • Reply 48 of 52
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    okay, over the past few days, i have seen several teens on cnn and techtv talking about being busted by the riaa.

why the HELL is every one of these kids a mouth-breathing, drugged out TOTAL F'M MORON!?!?!

reporter: "what did you think when you got the notice from the riaa?"

teen: "i was like, 'whoa.'"

and his was one of the MORE intelligent replies.
  • Reply 49 of 52
    Maybe they're selectively suing to give the appearance that file sharers are total degenerates.
  • Reply 50 of 52
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    A little bit off topic and random:

First I used to work for the law firm that represented Microsoft in its antitrust trial. Now I work for a law firm that is the landlord for the RIAA's DC offices. Life's just weird sometimes.

Escher
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Quote:

Maybe they're selectively suing to give the appearance that file sharers are total degenerates.

I was thinking the same thing.
  • Reply 52 of 52
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    If they sue me, i will leave the country and hack the riaa website until the main page says f uck the RIAA. signed nx7oe