Most blatant Apple website ripoff yet?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 62
    That site goes far enough for Apple to have a case of copyright infringement.
  • Reply 22 of 62
    remember the Xtrem-mac? the 1.2 ghz g4 mac that was announced around the time when the 500 mhz. g4s finally started shipping in bulk(after being downgraded to 450 for a while)

I'm reminded of that.
  • Reply 23 of 62
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    The site is down...
  • Reply 24 of 62
    The site just disappeared before my eyes - I was surfing around trying to decide if it was serious when - poof:

"HTTP 404 - File not found

Internet Information Service"

Very interesting...
  • Reply 25 of 62
    same thing happened to me. good riddance.
  • Reply 26 of 62
    Alright...who here works for that company
  • Reply 27 of 62
    And I was just beginning to sort out my finances....
  • Reply 28 of 62
    Well I just called their toll-free store number and got a plain old answering machine instructing me to call back during "regular business hours". 9-6 M-F, 10-3 Sat, PST.

So their order department closes every day at 3PM Eastern?!

The answering machine then let me leave an actual message "at the sound of the tone"!

Fake? Joke? Scam? Incredibly poorly executed launch? Anyone with any real experience with this "company"?

P.S. Their "vast crew of young talented creative people" apparently does not include a copyeditor as their site is absolutely riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.
  • Reply 29 of 62
    IT'S BACK!!!!!
  • Reply 30 of 62
    Someone report it to apple [email protected] i think is the address... lets get Apple some money
  • Reply 31 of 62
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    What the heck is THIS CRAP?!?! Ooooh, you can sculpt a rock into your silly little logo and stick it to my computer. I'm impressed.

Quote:

All of this adds to the excitement and surprise every time you take your new computer out of the box, because you will not know what it will look like, till then. Only that it will be as unique as you are. No matter how many computers we make, yours will look like no other©

Riiiight.
  • Reply 32 of 62
    Smells like another good day for AAPL Legal. I just emailed them...
  • Reply 33 of 62
    It's definitely a rip. On the same technology page linked to earlier (here) all the icons are rips from popular OS X icon sets. Hell, you can even see the RAD E8 on the last one:

• Reply 34 of 62
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    From the legal agreement on that site:

Quote:

The Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, Jaguar, Panther and the Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc., its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. The PowerPC is a registered trademark of IBM Inc., its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

lol!

Amorya
  • Reply 35 of 62
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    While just trying to be different, and hopefully original, we unwillingly re-wrote the book on corporate imaging and product branding.

Um, yeah.

• Reply 36 of 62
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

Someone report it to apple [email protected] i think is the address... lets get Apple some money

They already have something like 4 billion in cash reserves
  • Reply 37 of 62
    hahah I love this line:

Quote:

Serious easy of use right out-of-the-box.

heh
  • Reply 38 of 62
    Oh wait even better:

From this page:

http://www.go-l.com/technology/gm/index.html

and

That sure looks like a Mac under that desk..

from this page:

http://www.go-l.com/technology/nr/index.html
  • Reply 39 of 62
    Yeah on on the contact page, what's that I see? Is it, my it looks like Classic...

http://www.go-l.com/support/contactus/index.htm
  • Reply 40 of 62
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Uh oh, thin redhead with orange stuff on the walls... Mac user... pscates is going to be flipping out.