here is what Stevie is going to give us

Comments

• Reply 41 of 61
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    [quote] So where's all this extra market share coming from? <hr></blockquote>

It's coming from the fact that PC makers couldn't give away space heaters to Eskimos in the current economy... Meanwhile, Apple has been chugging along at a pretty steady pace. Steady pace + inept competition = market share gains.

[Edit-- and the fact that Apple hired Moltar as their new VP in charge of the Universal Domination Department]

[ 07-07-2002: Message edited by: Gamblor ]</p>
  • Reply 42 of 61
    [quote]Originally posted by Gamblor:

[QB]

the fact that Apple hired Moltar as their new VP in charge of the Universal Domination Department]

QB]<hr></blockquote>

LOL! I love that! The UDD! I've gotta write that down on my sticky notes... oh wait. The UDD took away my pads...
  • Reply 43 of 61
    airioxairiox Posts: 20member
    Here's the answer to all your problems.

Yes I dont know how to spell.

Yes, it is an educated guess

I emphasive educated and I dont want to here any educated type spoofs just because I spelled some foreign name wrong. I didn't call the company Apple ,because we all know "Apple" hasn't created a computer bearing that name in quite some time now.

I haven't heard anything better from anyone of you so called mac fans.

True we may have grown .5% but hey hasnt the population also grown more than that amount in the last year?

Note to self - Type all messages in "Apple"works from now on so you wont spell anything wrong since there is no spell check on these pages.
  • Reply 44 of 61
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    There is no G5. That is, there is no such chip named G5, unless Motorola drastically changes its nomenclature. There is also no such chip named G3 or G4; they are merely designations for chip generations.

Apple adopted the Gx nomenclature for PowerMacs when Steve came back.. there certainly wasn't any "PowerMac G2" or "Performa G2" before then.

That said, how can there be any debate over whether or not there will be a next generation processor? It's so illogical to say there won't be that I don't even know where to begin refuting it.
  • Reply 45 of 61
    sizzle chestsizzle chest Posts: 1,133member
    [quote]Originally posted by airiox:

<strong>

True we may have grown .5% but hey hasnt the population also grown more than that amount in the last year?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

So if Apple's market share goes up from 3.5% to 4.0%, you're saying that's because of population growth? Oh my.
  • Reply 46 of 61
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by frawgz:

<strong>There is no G5. That is, there is no such chip named G5, unless Motorola drastically changes its nomenclature. There is also no such chip named G3 or G4; they are merely designations for chip generations.

</strong><hr></blockquote>Hmm... Then why does Motorola's roadmap refer to G1 through G6 chips, including the G5 chip?
  • Reply 47 of 61
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    [quote] True we may have grown .5% but hey hasnt the population also grown more than that amount in the last year? <hr></blockquote>

Morons and their incorrect use of the word market share(percentile)! Usually i see peeps mention the percentile and hold it as the most important value and NOT the real important one which is user base.

To the above quote, UNDERSTAND that the increase in marketshare mentioned was a percentile, MEANING ...

... a fuc*it, I'm sick of correcting 12 year olds.
  • Reply 48 of 61
    detahdetah Posts: 57member
    [quote]Originally posted by ZoranS:

<strong>

Morons and their incorrect use of the word market share(percentile)! Usually i see peeps mention the percentile and hold it as the most important value and NOT the real important one which is user base.

essentially you are saying that so long as a company can continue to find suckers that will buy into their gimmick, it will stay in business. hoorah for apple.
  • Reply 49 of 61
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 50 of 61
    No, I hate correcting overly obese fifty year olds who have nothing better to do with there time than to bash the smallest and most minute detail.

Congratulations you fat freak.

Im sixteen not twelve nor 12 that would be an incorrect use of 12 next time try to write it out. I know you can't move your fat fingers fast enough, but atleast try.
  • Reply 51 of 61
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by AirSluf:

<strong>

Or you could just use the built in spelling service in OS X that is available in EVERY app, including browser reply window panes.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Really? Can you tell me where in IE?
  • Reply 52 of 61
    Oh yeah, and one more thing this was supposed to be a discussion about new apple hardware, but since you turn every thread into a way to apease your pathetic minds by building yourselves up through bashing someone down, here goes.

You apple fans want to hear the truth?

You are all little pathetic morons who wait eagerly at the feet of your creator, which to you would be Stevie, waiting for the smallest crumb to fall from his hands and you devour it as if your god had touched it. Well, I for one am getting sick of you. We can have the power to change this whole thing. We just have to demand what we want. We can't just sit idley by and say,"Oh well at least its better than the last few ideas."

Don't you see that you are paying crap loads of money for inferior products. I for one am going to seriously consider leaving this line of products unless they come out with something that can compete with atleast AMD. This is coming from a loyal fan from the age of seven. I dont care if the X serve can, because I would never use it.

Let this be heard Stevie if you dont give us something more than crumbs than you will lose many more of your costumers. The only ones who will stay will be morons. Us mac fans, which for now I will consider myself one, want more than just another quiet meow we want a roar. If a tree falls and there is no one there to witness it did it really make a noise?

P.S. if we want apple to survive maybe you should stop kicking every person that says something. Don't you get it. The whole world is laughing at us and our user friendly OS. Maybe we should be a little nicer to each other, we are all we have got.

P.P.S. I'm also sick of opening up a thread and finding some english teacher posting a reply correcting our punctuation, grammar, spelling, ect... Die you stupid english teachers.

Long live the Mac revolution, or atleast until its over.
  • Reply 53 of 61
    e-liote-liot Posts: 9member
    Originally posted by sizzle chest:

So if Apple's market share goes up from 3.5% to 4.0%, you're saying that's because of population growth? Oh my.

Oh, come on, I never got to laugh so hard in remedial Math classes.....this is way more amusing

• Reply 54 of 61
    sorry you freaking jackass, this may not be directed to you because many more have pissied me off today, but it is easy to miss one word and in your youth and make a mistake.

Sorry for the freaking confusion I missed market share and replaced it with the amount of people buying macs these day.

You people really have no lives.

It shows doesn't it.

You people miss the main point and go off on some tiny thing.
  • Reply 55 of 61
    e-liote-liot Posts: 9member
    Originally posted by airiox:

sorry you freaking jackass, this may not be directed to you because many more have pissied me off today, but it is easy to miss one word and in your youth and make a mistake.

Sorry for the freaking confusion I missed market share and replaced it with the amount of people buying macs these day.

You people really have no lives.

It shows doesn't it.

You people miss the main point and go off on some tiny thing.

Chill,tiny dude.

Everyone's getting time-of-the-month-ish with only 10 days to e-Day.

Post bravely and then ignore what follows....It's a bit like "Duck and Cover" if you can remember back that far.
  • Reply 56 of 61
    cowofwarcowofwar Posts: 98member
    [quote]Originally posted by airiox:

<strong>We can have the power to change this whole thing. We just have to demand what we want. We can't just sit idley by and say,"Oh well at least its better than the last few ideas."

Don't you see that you are paying crap loads of money for inferior products. I for one am going to seriously consider leaving this line of products unless they come out with something that can compete with atleast AMD. This is coming from a loyal fan from the age of seven. I dont care if the X serve can, because I would never use it.

Let this be heard Stevie if you dont give us something more than crumbs than you will lose many more of your costumers. The only ones who will stay will be morons. Us mac fans, which for now I will consider myself one, want more than just another quiet meow we want a roar. If a tree falls and there is no one there to witness it did it really make a noise?

Feel the love. Crude, but I agree.
  • Reply 57 of 61
    popzpopz Posts: 12member
    oops! I've wandered into an IRC warez board.

what's on TV?

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: popz ]</p>
  • Reply 58 of 61
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>Hmm... Then why does Motorola's roadmap refer to G1 through G6 chips, including the G5 chip?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm too lazy to look at the roadmap myself, but I'd guess they're referring to the chips as part of the family/generation. Does that sound right? My 7x00 chip is a G4 chip, but its name is not G4.

The point is there will be a next-generation chip. The question is when.
  • Reply 59 of 61
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    ----&gt;airiox

If I was in the halloween business, I'd be afraid of loosing "costumers", but apple isn't in that business.

Until you can be productive with the machine that you have, a faster machine is going to do nothing for you. Grow up!

b.t.w.

I have much respect for some people who can't spell too well. (Michaelm8000)!
  • Reply 60 of 61
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    [quote] Let this be heard Stevie if you dont give us something more than crumbs than [sic] you will lose many more of your costumers [sic]. <hr></blockquote>

OMG, he's going to have to make his own costumes? LMAO