Norm Coleman can have my babies.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I love this guy!

a choice quote

Quote:

The Recording Industry Ass. of America (RIAA) this week said it will not target small-scale copyright infringers, only the big boys.

The statement follows questions put to the music industry group by Senator Norm Coleman of Minnesota, Associated Press reports.

As chairman of the Senate Governmental Affairs' Permanent Sub-committee on Investigations, Coleman plans to investigate the RIAA's campaign to bring individual alleged copyright infringers to court.

Coleman has said the RIAA's plan is "excessive" - in his opinion, the crime doesn't justify the scale of the action. The RIAA is targeting individuals and demanding they cough up compensation for their alleged infringing behaviour. The money demanded could run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, based on the US copyright law damages limit of $750 to $150,000 per track.

Now granted I can't be sure of this, but my friends and I all faxed him letters regarding the RIAA and their campaign against file sharers. We also told the people we talked to to get their friends to fax letters in. We would have accounted for a few dozen faxes at least, and we all got letters back from his office saying he'd look into it.

I'm pleasently surprised to see that he actually did, and it's cool to think that a word of mouth (via IM) might actually be able to make a difference. Anyway, just thought I'd share the happy news.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    I have submitted another fax to norm offering up my virginity and my womb for him.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    ok, he's at it again.

Norm kicks RIAA in the nuts

man, i'm really glad i voted for this guy now.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    well, we should still remain guared against the riaa, even if we are low-grade sharers. if they sue you, and you say, "hey i only share a little. look.", you've then admitted to a crime, which is out of the riaa's jurisdiction. so, instead of paying damages you could pay jailtime. hopefully their methods of discovering if u are a big time sharer or little are sufficient that us little guys aren't incidentally caught up in it. i also wonder how they define the difference between small time sharing and big time.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Still scares me that this guy is Sid Rosenberg's cousin.