screen/keyboard cover/barrier?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Another question from a newbie. With my 17" pb, I'm wondering if there is some type of slip cover for just the screen? I'm currently using the styrafoam insert when closing the screen to keep a pad between screen and keyboard and keep grease prints from getting onto screen. Yes I wash my hands but it's never gonna be perfect. Any suggestions? I'm talking while it's sitting on my desk and not being used, I'm going to get probably a brenthaven case for travel. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Meeces

Another question from a newbie. With my 17" pb, I'm wondering if there is some type of slip cover for just the screen? I'm currently using the styrafoam insert when closing the screen to keep a pad between screen and keyboard and keep grease prints from getting onto screen. Yes I wash my hands but it's never gonna be perfect. Any suggestions? I'm talking while it's sitting on my desk and not being used, I'm going to get probably a brenthaven case for travel. Thanks.

It's not necessary with new PowerBooks. The screen doesn't touch the keys. If you're concerned, during transit, you might want to use the insert you mentioned just in case the screen gets pushed into the keys, being in your bag.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    What caused the marks on the TiBook screens? I know some people said it was scratches from the keys and others said it was oil from their fingers. If it was oil you could just clean it off right? I am worried about getting scratches on my new baby because I plan on keeping it for a good 3 years.

(Maybe keep it as my main computer if I can)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Try www.radtech.us
  • Reply 4 of 5
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

What caused the marks on the TiBook screens? I know some people said it was scratches from the keys and others said it was oil from their fingers. If it was oil you could just clean it off right?

A little bit of oil; a little bit of scratching. Over time, marks are left on the screen that are difficult if not impossible to remove. It's not an issue with the aluminum PowerBooks, as there is more clearance.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    spykyspyky Posts: 55member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Meeces

www.acmemade.com

I just bought a case there (not here yet).

-Spyky