Removing Developer Tools - Simple Method?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is there a simple way to remov the Developer Tools from OS X 10.2.8? I installed them to see what was what, but I want to remove them now, as they will be replaced by the new dev tools in Panther. The only way I can see right now is to change the ownership (currently 'system') and delete the folder. But is there a simpler method? Or is my proposed method the correct way?

Thanks,

Dave.

Comments

• Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by King Chung Huang

see /Developer/Tools/uninstall-devtools.pl.

edit: Thanks for that . Initially I had no idea what that was all about, but now I know it's a Perl script. Do I execute it in terminal using the command 'perl uninstall-devtools.pl'?

Dave
  • Reply 3 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Why can't you drag /Developer to the trash, or 'sudo -rm' it?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I guess I could have dragged it to the trash, but I wanted to make sure it was all gone. As for 'sudo -rm', I've only had my Mac for two weeks, so I have no idea what you're talking about .

I found out how to remove it using the perl script - like I said, it's all new to me!

Dave.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Because you also need to fix your PATH variable and that's something that not everyone knows how to change. You also should remember to trash "/Applications/AppleScript/AppleScript Studio" and possibly others that I can't recall right now.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    The dev stuff is not only in the /Developer folder. Theres also stuff in /usr/include, /usr/lib and similars. And you dont want to just rm those, because /usr/lib, for instance, has a lot of important shit in it (i'm pretty sure) independant of dev tools. Using that script is probably the best choice.