Panther and PowerBook heat

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have read many posts regarding the much improved battery management under Panther. What I would like to know is what Panther does in terms of heat and PowerBooks. I am curious to learn whether or not Panther cuts down the heat these things emit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

I have read many posts regarding the much improved battery management under Panther. What I would like to know is what Panther does in terms of heat and PowerBooks. I am curious to learn whether or not Panther cuts down the heat these things emit.

Since heat is mostly caused by battery power that's being used up, I say longer battery life and cooler temperatures go hand in hand.

For myself, I'm finding my new 1 GHz 12" AlBook to be cooler and more comfortable to hold than my former 800 MHz TiBook, even when running plugged into AC power. Not having any of the developer versions on Panther that are out there, this comparision is based on Jaguar on both computers.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I don't find panther to be much better for battery life. Though it is a dev build. Somewhere between 2-3 hours still. 7b85

Hopefully when the REAL panther gets here it will be better \