Time reset on PB 12"

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Everytime I restart or shutdown my PB when I start it up again the clock has reset itself back to Thursday in 1901 or something silly.

I know this is to with the battery going on the motherboard but I don't know about how to replace it on a PB 12", I also can't believe the battery has gone already seeing as though i've only had it since August time, is there another possible explanation?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by dnisbet

Everytime I restart or shutdown my PB when I start it up again the clock has reset itself back to Thursday in 1901 or something silly.

I know this is to with the battery going on the motherboard but I don't know about how to replace it on a PB 12", I also can't believe the battery has gone already seeing as though i've only had it since August time, is there another possible explanation?

I have an 800 Mhz iBook (12") and had the same problem. I was told that this notebooks don`t have motherboard´s batteries, but in my case it took the battery off and that was the problem (I used only the AC adap.).
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by raimac

I have an 800 Mhz iBook (12") and had the same problem. I was told that this notebooks don`t have motherboard´s batteries, but in my case it took the battery off and that was the problem (I used only the AC adap.).

So you just took the battery off? And the problem was gone? Even if I restart with the power cable attached (but with the battery also attached) it happens
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by dnisbet

So you just took the battery off? And the problem was gone? Even if I restart with the power cable attached (but with the battery also attached) it happens

It seems that you don't have to take the battery off for a long period of time, even if you use your AC.