iPod screen scratched. dang it

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm pissed, my iPod was in my pocket and I didnt know it but there was a penny in there that scratched up my screen. Is there anything to remove this cratch? Please, my precious must be fixed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I once heard of people removing scratches with some kind of silver polish or something like it. I don't have any details at hand though, but I'm sure someone might pop in and give specifics.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I've heard that rubbing toothpaste using a terry cloth towel will do the trick (although I haven't tried it myself).

I actually bought a product over the summer that worked like a charm: http://www.ipodcleaner.com/

It took all the little scratches out, almost like magic.

Anybody ever tried the toothpaste? I'm interested to know if it works.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Some "whitening" toothpastes have a mild abrasive, usually silica. Use very little on the iPod screen.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Some "whitening" toothpastes have a mild abrasive, usually silica. Use very little on the iPod screen.

Please, all toothpaste has some kind of abrasive, be it hydrated silica, calcium carbonate/phosphate, alumina, etc. Hydrated silica is not exclusive to whitening toothpastes or vice versa.

(Finally some use for my stupid chemistry degree. )
  • Reply 5 of 8
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    yeah, i got that problem too, whateever, it still plays music and I can read the display fine...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    There's a product called Ice Creme that's made specifically for this very purpose. It's amde by a company called Radtech.

Check out the MacAddict Review.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    Brasso silver polish.

that's the one. Works wonders on the iPod: plastic side and shiny side.

enjoy.

NeilyB
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Tried tooth paste. Didnt work. Only made it tasty

Anyone have luck with Novus 2? I heard this works but don't know where to get it. Taps is nowhere near San Diego (Escondido)