Class Action Suit against Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
today my dad got the mail and I saw something from Apple I opened it, it was that class action suit against Apple, I was just wondering who got it I want to make a rough estimate of who got it and what computer they have running X I have a Blue and White G3 I think that was why, it calls it the 'Power Macintosh G3 Series" in system Profiler and I know how when you install OSX you register with Apple

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    woozle wuzzle?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    c-bearc-bear Posts: 111member
    Yes, have some?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I got it in the mail on Thursday.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Me too.

You know, opening others' mail is a federal offense. You shouldn't do that.
  • Reply 5 of 11
  • Reply 6 of 11
    no It was made out to me, my parents use a PC and my dad handed me the letter, it was made out to me so it was actually my mail, my dad thought I was getting sued for something
  • Reply 7 of 11
    EXPLAIN.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Yes, the rest of us just MIGHT be a LITTLE curious as to why there's a class action lawsuit against Apple....

MAYBE!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It applies to Old World Beige G3s specifically, not the B&Ws...

For things like the lack of Personality Card (DVD, A/V) support, hardware video acceleration, etc.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

It applies to Old World Beige G3s specifically, not the B&Ws...

For things like the lack of Personality Card (DVD, A/V) support, hardware video acceleration, etc.

And you can sue for this...why? Doesn't make sense to me. Get a new computer, don't sue. But I'm probably missing someing, as usual.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    what does the suit in regards too that it doesn't consider them as a powermac g3?

or something... whats going on what is it in regards the older beige powermac g3's?