Found a true third party "Superdrive"?!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Somebody else check this out and let me know what you think.

Does it compare to Pioneer A06? They make it sound like it fits right in a dual g4 easier than the Pioneer brand...

http://www.mcetech.com/dvdr4xdt.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    FYI. Did you know you can get a Pioneer A06 for $189.95 here ?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I've went as far as downloading the PDF installation for optical drives in the Mirror macs but I've read horror stories of people having to "file" and cut up the front tray to fit the Pioneer dvr drives in....
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Ok... I got it now...

thanks for the info....finally found the answer. Many people out there must not know that you can easily fix it before you install it in the drive in the first place

again thanks
  • Reply 4 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    the drive he linked was listed at $199.95.

not that big of a difference.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacChadilac

I've went as far as downloading the PDF installation for optical drives in the Mirror macs but I've read horror stories of people having to "file" and cut up the front tray to fit the Pioneer dvr drives in....

No need. Most optical drive trays have removable ends. You just snap them off to fit in the Mac; they'll go back on if you want.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

the drive he linked was listed at $199.95.

not that big of a difference.

It is if your me. I'm a student, every $10 bucks extra that I have helps a lot. I don't know about you, but I would always appreciate someone bringing a lower price to my attention.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ...and the Pioneer A06 is compatible with iDVD and iTunes, etc... CORRECT?

I hope so