Houston at Indianapolis

NY Jets at Philadelphia

Buffalo at Kansas City

Miami at San Diego
  • Reply 142 of 202
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Don't know enough about NE . . . but CLeveland can be pretty good

The Patriots are on top of the AFC East.
  • Reply 143 of 202
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

nah, it just lost a bit of momentum since we went "all in one thread."

just so i don't forget, here are my picks, but i've got a late night tonight, so i'm goign to dispense with the usual per-game analysis.

let us not speak of how badly i am doing so far this week. ugh.
  • Reply 144 of 202
    AHAHHAHAHAHA KWAME HARRIS!!
  • Reply 145 of 202
    Jose Cortez, Jeff Chandler, Owen Pochman...

Keeping with the tradition of excellence.

EDIT: This is one of the ugliest games ever. EVER.

EDIT2: Pochman kicks off OT...out of bounds!

EDIT3: What's the policy on open box returns for kickers?
  • Reply 146 of 202
    I'm going to go down to 49er practice in Santa Clara this week wearing my old soccer shin guards and carrying a deflated soccer ball. Watch out for my NFL debut.
  • Reply 147 of 202
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The Chiefs are 8-0.

Heh heh heh.
  • Reply 148 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

The Chiefs are 8-0.

Heh heh heh.

I was skeptical at first, because the Chiefs choked rather badly last year and the year before, but heck, even if they lost 6 of the last 8, they end up 10-6, which is probably good for a Wild Card.

Stupid Bay Area teams. I swear I was joking when I said they'd combine for 8 wins total.
  • Reply 149 of 202
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Weird by-product of the Cali fires: (good thoughts to anyone affected by the way \ )

Monday night's game is moved to Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe. And tickets are free-first come, first served.

Jeff
  • Reply 150 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Jose Cortez, Jeff Chandler, Owen Pochman...

Keeping with the tradition of excellence.

EDIT: This is one of the ugliest games ever. EVER.

EDIT2: Pochman kicks off OT...out of bounds!

EDIT3: What's the policy on open box returns for kickers?

on ESPN, chris berman kept calling him "former" or "ex-49er kicker Owen Pochman..."
  • Reply 151 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

on ESPN, chris berman kept calling him "former" or "ex-49er kicker Owen Pochman..."

Now I don't really blame Pochman... He was available for a reason. You know York's telling Donahue and Walsh something like "Buy the cheapest punters and kickers on the market...okay?" It's been a trend. Every kicker has been worse than the previous with the exception of Gary Anderson that one year...

Funny thing, we tried out Conway at the same time as Pochman He was 3/3 from 20, 37, and 44 yards against the Vikings on Sunday.

• Reply 152 of 202
    wow, kansas city's next four opponents (after their bye week next week) are cleveland, cincinnati, oakland and san diego. not to take anything away from any of those opponents, but...

could the chiefs be 12-0 going into mile high against the broncos???

i won't even metion what else everyone is thinking...
  • Reply 153 of 202
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    <-----
  • Reply 154 of 202
    Carolina at Houston

Texans blow

Indianapolis at Miami

Griese is a fine back-up, but he's still a back-up

Jacksonville at Baltimore

Jaguars blow

New Orleans at Tampa Bay

Saints blow

N.Y. Giants at N.Y. Jets

Both teams on the rebound, but more questions about the Jets

Oakland at Detroit

All Detroit has to do is run the ball. Tuiasosopo starting. Players hate Bill Callahan

San Diego at Chicago

Let's go Chandler

Cincinnati at Arizona

Arizona can't win two in a row

Pittsburgh at Seattle

Steelers blow

Philadelphia at Atlanta

Falcons blow

St. Louis at San Francisco

49ers blow. Rattay gets the start. No Zack Bronson. O-Line still hurting

Washington at Dallas

Cowboys aren't invincible, but they are better than the Redskins

Green Bay at Minnesota

Favre. Dome. Whatever.

New England at Denver

No Plummer, no Beurlein

CHILD
  • Reply 155 of 202
    Carolina at Houston

i really need carolina to drop one or two before the bucs come to town to give them any shot at the nfc south title. unfortunately, i don't think it'll happen here.

Indianapolis at Miami

griese is better than fiedler. fiedler may have a good win/loss percentage, but he is not solely responsible for that. miami's at home, and riding on a strong win.

ray lewis is gonna have him a leftwich sandwich (sorry, couldn't help myself)

New Orleans at Tampa Bay

jebus, i hope i'm not wrong here, or the bucs are, at best, a wild card this year.

N.Y. Giants at N.Y. Jets

both offenses lack focus, but nyg has better defense these days. plus, they ALWAYS make a second-half season run.

Oakland at Detroit

toughest game to pick, since boh teams suck, but for entirely different reasons. let's say oakland secondary beats harrington with a couple untimely picks and oakland wins on the road. (p.s. how did oakland get such a soft schedule this year, with both nfc central bottom-feeders on the list, yet the bucs get tennessee in nashville, green bay, indianapolis and san fran in california?)

San Diego at Chicago

wow, even with the game moved to arizona, san diego looked absolutely bloody awful on every play. chandler is old, but at least he doesn't make "kordell" type decisions.

Cincinnati at Arizona

mind you, cincy may be hurt by the extreme change in temperature, but marvin lewis is wringing every ounce of blood out of this stone this year.

Pittsburgh at Seattle

long road trip for the steelers, their defense is MIA, and maddox can throw, but he needs a running game of ANY sort to take attention from his receivers. otherwise, he just has 350 yds and 4 int's per game.

Philadelphia at Atlanta

okay, when the hell is vick, nfl poster-child, actually going to play again? atlanta will be a big spoiler with nothign to lose once he's back.

rams doing a great job, even without faulk in. can't believe the night/day difference in the team with quarterbacks. guess kurt relied to heavily on the massive amount of talent aroun dhim, while bulger's making better reads and decisions with less.

Washington at Dallas

only person i hate more than bill parcells is dan "i can BUY a championship" snyder

Green Bay at Minnesota

must win for green bay for wild card implications. spectre of "undefeated" is taken away, so vikes will play a bit softer, knowing they are still ahead of everyone else.

New England at Denver

denver needs to dial rent-a-qb, and quick, so that the meeting vs. the chiefs means something for the afc west title in december.
  • Reply 156 of 202
    My first picks post! Be gentle!

Carolina at Houston\t

if Carr was healthy, I would say different. Carolina is overrated, but they should be good enough to beat the depleted Texans defense and Carr-less offense.

Indianapolis at Miami

Colts will show why they're headed for the Super Bowl this year-because they can beat good teams on the road. I predict a victory hangover for Brian Griese, as the Colts win a defensive struggle.

Leftwich is just waiting to have a breakout week. I'm guessing Baltimore will be the unlucky victims.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay

Once upon a time, the Saints had Tampa Bay's number. I don't think that's true anymore, though. This will be a low-scoring defensive matchup...the perfect formula for a Tampa Bay victory

N.Y. Giants at N.Y. Jets

A battle of two teams that can't seem to get it together. I predict an ugly victory for the Jets, with plenty of mistakes and turnovers to go around.

Oakland at Detroit

Oakland is bad, but not that bad. Mariucchiball isn't firing up the Lions.

San Diego at Chicago

Both of these teams have very good looking uniforms. San Diego's is just slightly cooler though, so they have the edge.

Cincinnati at Arizona

The Bengals show the world who the worst team in the league REALLY is.

Pittsburgh at Seattle

Hate to say it, but Tommy Maddox has lost his shine. The surprisingly good Seahawks should be able to hang in and score a win.

Philadelphia at Atlanta

Dan Reeves has shown a complete lack of confidence in his players...and while they go through crazy re-adjustments a good team like Philadelphia will make them pay. Michael Vick, come back soon!

This is a close call, but without Garcia, I don't think the 49ers can win. Sorry T.O. but the QB really DOES make a difference! Under Bulger, the Rams are being reborn...and the results are looking damn good so far.

Washington at Dallas

Remember at the beginning of the season? When it looked like the Redskins might actually be good? Me neither.

Green Bay at Minnesota

I don't think Minnesota is anywhere near as good as their record suggests. I predict the slide that started last week will continue.

New England at Denver

The Patriots aren't getting much attention this year, but they are solid nonetheless...a playoff contender to be sure.
  • Reply 157 of 202
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

wow, kansas city's next four opponents (after their bye week next week) are cleveland, cincinnati, oakland and san diego. not to take anything away from any of those opponents, but...

could the chiefs be 12-0 going into mile high against the broncos???

i won't even metion what else everyone is thinking...

I've been thinking this since they beat the Broncos at home.

The Chiefs are in the middle of a soft spot in their schedule.
  • Reply 158 of 202
    OMFG. Rattay lighting it up and a 49er makes a 44 yard field goal... ?!?!?!?!

Brandon Lloyd >> Tai Streets

He made a couple of circus-style catches in pre-season, and he's pretty much made an amazing catch in every chance he's gotten to play.

EDIT: Rams muster 9 yards rushing...total.
  • Reply 159 of 202
    I'm 4-13 so far in my picks. Man, that stinks! Good thing I didn't put any money down...
  • Reply 160 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gizzmonic

I'm 4-13 so far in my picks. Man, that stinks! Good thing I didn't put any money down...

Tampa vs N.O. was supposed to be a lock.

Carolina vs Houston was supposed to be a lock.

St. Louis vs SF was supposed to be a lock.

Cincinatti vs Arizona...well, I thought this would be a lock too.

Bah. Things were looking so good earlier today.