How's the cloned Steak? Pass the cloned milk...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    nixinixi Posts: 49member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Every time you eat a banana, you are basically eating a clone. Get over it.

Quote:

I'm sure there's a portion of a polypeptide chain in me that is identical to that of a corncob. That doesn't make me corn.

Well, you could have almost fooled me Eugene. In the above, you do sound like a vegetable.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nixi

Well, you could have almost fooled me Eugene. In the above, you do sound like a vegetable.

Child, if you are specifically referring to the asexual reproduction in most banana plants, it is scientifically acknowledged as a type of self-cloning. It's not [b]not[b/] cloning because it's 'natural.'
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

No, splicing fish DNA with corn doesn't make it a fish, but it doesn't make it corn either.

If it turns out to be both healthy and tasty, I'm all over it like a hobo on a hot dog, child
  • Reply 24 of 31
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

If it turns out to be both healthy and tasty, I'm all over it like a hobo on a hot dog, child

What about smokers...No doubt tobacco companies are working on Non-cancer causing cigarettes...or at least they'll be hoping so...
  • Reply 25 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

What about smokers...No doubt tobacco companies are working on Non-cancer causing cigarettes...or at least they'll be hoping so...

If they develop truly harmless cigarettes, then have at it.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Before I go insane soembody please tell mea bout this CHILD crap.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argento

Before I go insane soembody please tell mea bout this CHILD crap.

That's none of your business, child.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

That's none of your business, child.

• Reply 29 of 31
    xypexype Posts: 672member
    The only danger in genetic manipulation is that genetically mutated plants/animals can endager exsiting species up to the point of totally replacing them in their ecosystem.

If you tweak the DNA of a cow to better fit your needs you're doing the same thing the farmer does when he makes his favourite bull ride his favourite cow. You only get results faster/more accurate.

If you eat genetically modified food it wont do you no harm, unless it's poisoned or highly radioactive. There's no way that something you eat can change your DNA.

So, yay, up with genetics. Don't believe the horror stories Greenpeace tells you, they should stick with saving the whales.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    if genetic food helps save the starving masses... starvation sux people die hope it helps solve our gene pools problems.

maybe they should genetically engineer us so we don't have to eat so much...