A nice little find....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok, pen this under "not really necessary," but I just got a 5' Macally retractable CAT5 cable, and it's awesome!! I mean, we've had measuring tape for years that does the same thing, but this is just too cool. I see some people around school (in particular in one spot next to a Starbucks and lots of other etc. there's a whole bar with ethernet drops running along it) carrying this whole bundle of CAT5 cable...heh. This is just a truly pragmatic solution to a common need between portable computer users. In case you're wondering, the actual size of the cartridge is no bigger than a Logitech traveler mouse and the cable itself is completely flat and coils back up quite nicely.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sounds nice. . . but most places around here have wireless.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Wireless is pretty widespread around our campus also, but with the TiBook a weak signal is a useless signal for the most part. That, and our brilliant IT staff can't seem to keep its wireless VPN security gateway operational for longer than a few days at best, so...one must always be prepared.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Most of our areas are wireless, but there still are many spots where there are only ethernet jacks, so if you frequent those areas, which includes large sections of the library, a retractable cable would be a great idea.