The GOP Love Boat

24

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 68
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Scott

    Democrats are so patrician these days they seem to put up a silent cheer when a Blackhalk goes down in Iraq. Who am i voting for a bunch of Bathists?







    Ever notice that this guy NEVER adds anything to the debate? He never provides any credible evidence or evangelizes anything personal about his ideology. He just points fingers, makes outlanding accusations (not another anti-American stance...again...sigh), quips a last word and quickly exits the room.



    The point is that no one's cheering when a Blackhawk goes down. We're screaming because those Blackhawks should never have been there in the first place. Why is this so hard to understand?
  • Reply 22 of 68
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Northgate





    Ever notice that this guy NEVER adds anything to the debate? He never provides any credible evidence or evangelizes anything personal about his ideology. He just points fingers, makes outlanding accusations (not another anti-American stance...again...sigh), quips a last word and quickly exits the room.



    The point is that no one's cheering when a Blackhawk goes down. We're screaming because those Blackhawks should never have been there in the first place. Why is this so hard to understand?




    Is it possible to be so 'Pro-American' that you undermine your own cause?



    Yeah.
  • Reply 23 of 68
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Northgate





    Ever notice that this guy NEVER adds anything to the debate? He never provides any credible evidence or evangelizes anything personal about his ideology. He just points fingers, makes outlanding accusations (not another anti-American stance...again...sigh), quips a last word and quickly exits the room.



    The point is that no one's cheering when a Blackhawk goes down. We're screaming because those Blackhawks should never have been there in the first place. Why is this so hard to understand?




    With no due repsect at all to you ... FSCK YOU! I "NEVER" added anything to this thread? READ THE THREAD YOU ING TROLL. What's with all the knee jerk attacks on me that, as far as I can tell, are baseless?
  • Reply 24 of 68
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Scott

    With no due repsect at all to you ... FSCK YOU! I "NEVER" added anything to this thread? READ THE THREAD YOU ING TROLL. What's with all the knee jerk attacks on me that, as far as I can tell, are baseless?



    Again, with all due respect, where's the articulation? Where's the argument put forth that supports your assertion that liberals cheer whenever soldier's are murdered in Baghdad?



    You can't get bent out of shape when you call someone a cheerleader for the death and murder of their own soldiers and they protest. Honestly. Where do you get off?
  • Reply 25 of 68
    I just don't get it. After all these years, all these posts, why on earth are you guys bothered by the postings by Scott. Do you find him amusing?



    In thread after thread he's been the only shithead. Offering few if any reasoning to his uneducated ramblings.



    Why don't you guys just leave him alone. To me, discusssing with him, makes any argument with your average inhouse teenager look like academic reasoning between a couple of Harward professors.



    Go figure...



    Note to Scott: Nothing personal, just get a clue about the world spinning around you. It won't hurt. Trust me.
  • Reply 26 of 68
    I heard on CNN today that senator brown(something)ack? fron kansas said it would not be such a great idea.



    They should listen to this guy.
  • Reply 27 of 68
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Tyrihans

    I just don't get it. After all these years, all these posts, why on earth are you guys bothered by the postings by Scott. Do you find him amusing?



    In thread after thread he's been the only shithead. Offering few if any reasoning to his uneducated ramblings.




    Another troll. You haven't been reading. I back up much of what I post. I guess that makes me a "shithead" huh? Maybe you could do an analysis of all my post here in AO and give a stat' to back up your view on me? Otherwise shut the fukc up.



    Quote:

    Originally posted by Tyrihans

    Why don't you guys just leave him alone. To me, discusssing with him, makes any argument with your average inhouse teenager look like academic reasoning between a couple of Harward professors.



    Go figure...





    Note to Scott: Nothing personal, just get a clue about the world spinning around you. It won't hurt. Trust me.






    Just because I don't tow the "Bush is satan" line does not mean I don't have "a clue". It is possible to have an opinion other than "world opinion" and have a clue. Trust me.
  • Reply 28 of 68
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Northgate

    Again, with all due respect, where's the articulation? Where's the argument put forth that supports your assertion that liberals cheer whenever soldier's are murdered in Baghdad?



    You can't get bent out of shape when you call someone a cheerleader for the death and murder of their own soldiers and they protest. Honestly. Where do you get off?




    That's the one thing you pick out to prove that I "NEVER" contribute to a thread?



    I'll add my links as I find them.



    There was a thread posted at "Democratic Underground", now remove it seems (CENSORSHIP! CENSORSHIP!) but quote here and here



    Quote:

    I Hope the Bloodshed Continues in Iraq



    Well, that should bring the bats out of the attic with fangs dripping. I won't be hypocritcal [sic]. It is politically correct,particularly in any Dem discussion to hope and pray and feel for our troops and scream "bring them back now". I'm fighting something bigger..





    ...blah blah blah you can read the link ...





    The only way to get rid of this slime bag WASP-Mafia, oil barron [sic] ridden cartel of a government, this assault on Americans and anything one could laughingly call "a democracy", relies heavily on what a shit hole Iraq turns into. They need to die so that we can be free.



    ...blah blah blah more bullshit blah blah blah ...



    Wow great. Democrats are so enlightened. They should be the ruling class
  • Reply 29 of 68
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Here's a post on the Democrats own web site.



    Quote:

    Morning all. It occured to me that all the bump that Bush got late last week from the economic figure went up in flames yesterday with that helicopter.



    Lance Collins :: Nov 3, 2003 09:08





    Wow what a great observation. How "progressive".
  • Reply 30 of 68
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    And here's the real killer.





    Quote:

    In London's Daily Telegraph, Barbara Amiel observes that "I've heard Americans gloat over their own casualties in Iraq, as if every death were a stab in Bush's heart alone rather than in American soldiers, so profound is their hatred."





    So maybe, just maybe, there's enough sentiment floating around out there to make it seem to me that democrats silently cheer everything something american goes "boom" in Iraq.
  • Reply 31 of 68
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Have you ever ONCE seen any of the more liberal posters HERE state they want Iraq go into the shitter? Once.



    You won't from me.



    It's nice that you can quote a couple of kooks that back up your position... but I'm sure I could troll the conservative boards and come up with something equally as lame.



    And you came up with quotes of quotes... nice.



    Ruling class? Coming from someone who supports a Son of a president. They went to all the right boarding schools and colleges... had daddy and his friends invest in his business vetures. Invest in his political endeavours.



    Bush isn't satan. Or evil. Or stupid.



    He's just wrong. And he's not making things better... he's making things worse.



    I know it's hard... it's criticism based values you don't share. Beliefs you don't agree with. But that's too bad. This is the USA. I love my country. But I love it like a wife... despite her faults... I do love her.



    Unlike you... loving it like your mommy that can do no wrong and only Satan would criticize.
  • Reply 32 of 68
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by chu_bakka

    Bush isn't satan. Or evil. Or stupid.



    He's just wrong. And he's not making things better... he's making things worse.




    My sentiments exactly. Nothing more, nothing less. I simply don't understand how this makes me a cheerleader for the murder of my brothers.
  • Reply 33 of 68
    A Yale economist will be on Charlie Rose tonight talking about the future...deficits and taxes... the shrinking middle class and the growing chasm between the rich and the working class.



    Just in case you have a curious bone in your body.
  • Reply 34 of 68
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Northgate

    My sentiments exactly. Nothing more, nothing less. I simply don't understand how this makes me a cheerleader for the murder of my brothers.





    I don't remember calling you one, a-hole.
  • Reply 35 of 68
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Damn it.



    Some republicans with sense.



    But DeLay isn't all that bright. He may still try to get his party boat.



    GOPERS: SINK BOAT PARTY



    November 12, 2003 -- WASHINGTON - Republican lawmakers yesterday threw cold water on a proposed GOP luxury booze cruise for the party's national convention next year.



    Several Republicans said the image of partying on a luxury liner docked in the city harbor - promoted by Reps. Vito Fossella (R-Staten Island) and Tom DeLay (R-Texas) - was inappropriate during wartime.



    The critics also expressed concern that it would hurt hotel business in New York City.



    "Being on one of those ships is not the right image at this time," said Sen. Sam Brownback (R-Kan.). "We'll still have troops abroad fighting."



    Sen. Judd Gregg (R-N.H.), told The Post that the idea of placing thousands of GOPers on the Norwegian cruise liner Dawn in the Hudson River "doesn't make any sense."



    Mayor Bloomberg's spokesman, Ed Skyler, said city officials have "reserved 22,000 hotel rooms and don't think [the cruise] will be necessary."
  • Reply 36 of 68
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/01/ny...01SHIP.html?hp



    Apparantly DeLay may still get his "upscale" party boat.



    Guess mingling with the peasants at the Waldorf Astoria is not "exclusive" enough.



    If they go with it...it'll be called the SS GOP TITANIC.
  • Reply 37 of 68
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,019member
    Wow. The threads just keep on comin'. The Republicans can stay wherever they'd like. Do you hoenstly think the Dems haven't doen things ten times more infuriating? Well, you wouldn't know...because the media doesn't cover half of it.



    As far as the Dem party goes: Scott is absolutely right. You have no idea what an effin' mess the Democratic party is. I've posted the reasons time and time again...but as usual your rabid hatred of the President and the GOP blinds you to reality.



    Oh, and btw, GWB has signed up 6,000.000 people for grass roots campaigning. Howard Dean, "Mr. Grassroots" himself, has only 600,000.



    This is getting fun.
  • Reply 38 of 68
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Rabid Hatred of George Bush?

    Where's that coming from?



    Guess you see nothing wrong with the Love/Lobby boat. Not surprised.



    Yeah... don't address the issue at all.
  • Reply 39 of 68
    Scott's got me on 'ignore' these days, which is fortunate for him since I'm posting this naked. And I'm dancing.



    Quote:

    Originally posted by Scott

    With no due repsect at all to you ... FSCK YOU! I "NEVER" added anything to this thread? READ THE THREAD YOU ING TROLL. What's with all the knee jerk attacks on me that, as far as I can tell, are baseless?



    They're only "kneejerk" attacks in the same way it would be a "kneejerk" response to move out of the path of a moving car, exclaim loudly if you poured boiling water over yourself or to chase after the person that stole your mobile telephone.



    Perfectly sensible, or perfectly explicable, each one.
  • Reply 40 of 68
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by SDW2001

    Wow. The threads just keep on comin'. The Republicans can stay wherever they'd like. Do you hoenstly think the Dems haven't doen things ten times more infuriating? Well, you wouldn't know...because the media doesn't cover half of it.



    I'm positive Democrats have done things even eleven times more infuriating, but that doesn't diminish the infuriation of this event. Why defend an almost universally panned idea by only citing their obvious "right" to stay wherever they would like?
Sign In or Register to comment.