The Nokia 6600

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
What do you all think of this phone?

It seems it will be compatible with iSync. And I much prefer the Nokia interfaces to the Sony Ericsson ones.

The only downside to me is that the Salling Clicker software doesn't work on Nokias.

Amorya

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    C'mon, someone must have an opinion on this!
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Well... it looks nice... But I cant see why it need all those buttons...

They should really remove three of them...
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Well... it looks nice... But I cant see why it need all those buttons...

They should really remove three of them...

I don't know what they're all for. I'm glad it's got the two soft keys in addition to 'pick up' and 'hang up' buttons though - the Sonys always frustrated me for not having that.

I think one of the others is an application switcher or something.

Amorya
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorya

I don't know what they're all for. I'm glad it's got the two soft keys in addition to 'pick up' and 'hang up' buttons though - the Sonys always frustrated me for not having that.

I think one of the others is an application switcher or something.

Amorya

Is it available in the UK? Don't find it in Singapore or Hong Kong yet (thats where they usually launch new products in Asia)

Ultimately gotta have touch and feel.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Orange say 'Coming September 2003' - so I reckon it'll be here soon.

Amorya
  • Reply 6 of 11
    bjerbjer Posts: 67member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorya

Orange say 'Coming September 2003' - so I reckon it'll be here soon.

Amorya

Though they are all made in China now but I usually have to hop over to HK or Singapore to get it first. Word out in HK is should be available within a week. I hope its not the same length of "week" as the imminency of the Al 15inch.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    It's out now!

On Orange it's £40 with a new contract. About £180 as an upgrade I think.

Amorya
  • Reply 8 of 11
    I have this phone and was wondeirng what the status of it was with mac's. I got it picked up with bluetooth but its not coming up with Isync. I would like to sync my calendar and stuff but that option is greyed out. Anyone know what is up with that. Is it a matter of wiating for a new update to i sync to have this phone supported?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hisham Samawi

I have this phone and was wondeirng what the status of it was with mac's. I got it picked up with bluetooth but its not coming up with Isync. I would like to sync my calendar and stuff but that option is greyed out. Anyone know what is up with that. Is it a matter of wiating for a new update to i sync to have this phone supported?

I haven't purchased the phone yet, but was wondering how Mac compatible it was. This doesn't sound good, though.

Anyone else out there using this phone with a Mac?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I actually managed to get this phone to sync up by tricking os x. I read a thread in the apple discussions board about changing a couple of files in the system folder. You just switch the nokia 3600 to a 6600 in text edit and it finds it just fine. Phone is working well. I'm sure apple will include it legitimately in a future update of i sync.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    could you expand on that?

I have a Nokia 6310i company phone and would love to get as much out of it as possible. No address book sync, but I can send and receive SMSs with it... thats by far one the coolest functions. Kudos Apple!!!