Sleep problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Everytime I wake my computer from sleep, iTunes freezes. Then, when I try to force quit it from the dock, the dock freezes. Then, when I go to click on Force Quit from the Apple Menu, it gets stuck at Recent Items. I can't use Apple-Option-Esc, because it doesn't work. Then, when I hit Cmd-N in the Finder, it freezes, along with every other app. I have to force restart it.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I already tried repairing permissions off the CD.

Oh yeah, I'm still on 10.2.8.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Have you tried having the terminal open and 'top' running to see what is sucking up your proccessing power?

At the very least you maybe able to do a 'sudo kill' for iTunes that won't freeze. Maybe an iTunes reinstall might be in order. I typically keep all my installers for cases such as this, so for me this is an easy option.

Is anything popping up in your crash logs?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

Have you tried having the terminal open and 'top' running to see what is sucking up your proccessing power?

At the very least you maybe able to do a 'sudo kill' for iTunes that won't freeze. Maybe an iTunes reinstall might be in order. I typically keep all my installers for cases such as this, so for me this is an easy option.

Is anything popping up in your crash logs?

No, nothing is appearing in my crash logs.

I'd like to use sudo kill for iTunes, but I can't get into a Finder window. iTunes freezes, then everything else follows.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Is your computer online/networked?

You could enable "remote login" and SSH into it from another computer when it's hung. Then, you could use top and kill to help pick apart the problem.