Michael Jackson guilty or innocent

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So is he a child molester, or just a naive and misunderstood, well, weirdo?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I have no idea, but you know the old saying, where there's smoke there's fire. This is what, the 3rd time?
  • Reply 2 of 40
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I don't know about child molestation, but he should be imprisoned just for the crime that is his nose.
  • Reply 3 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I don't know about child molestation, but he should be imprisoned just for the crime that is his nose.

With that nose, guilty. gahhhhhh
  • Reply 4 of 40
    As with many of the rich, morally barren persons accused of a crime...

Guilty - most likely.

Buy their way out of it - most definately.

All in all, it's a sad sad scenario any way you look at it.
  • Reply 5 of 40
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Did NBC really need to interrupt a daytime melodrama with an NBC News melodrama? According to my girlfriend and most people with common sense, a soap opera is more interesting than a Special Report? about Michael Jackson being arrested. I would argue that the guilty bastard deserves almost no media attention because there are far more important stories to cover. Yet he'll be on the cover of several news magazines, and cable news will spend a significant chunk of time discussing this. Chalk another example up of how sensationalist the media has become.
  • Reply 6 of 40
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    I find the whole thing distrurbing to say the least.

Is it just coincidence that on the very same day his house is being searched, he is releasing a new album.?

That, & the media circus aside, the man is ( like all US citizens ) assumed to be innocent until a court decides otherwise.

He has the right to defend his name just like anyone else...regardless of inudendo or his so called "past".

Just my 2c worth.
  • Reply 7 of 40
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    It must be something to do with California's new government. 3 million dollar bail? That'll buy them a whole lot of electricity. And some FEMA money to boot.

We should indeed hold out for a verdict of some sort. Many will believe that the man is a freak and deranged, and they might even base themselves mostly on his strange exterior. It might not be fair though. The man has other tastes and customs than I do, that's for sure. But he is a big target, and a nice fat cow with bursting udder, ready to be milked as soon as there is a modicum of doubt present.

I can see Jacko being an asexual type of guy. Somehow stuck in his childhood. That is partly his story, anyway. If the charges are true, however, may he be judged as deemed just.

Edit: However, I do think Jacko is capable of raping children. But then, I strongly believe that behind the thin, often peeling, layer of civilization in every person, a raging murderous beast is lurking. Misanthropy Ã* la Kopf.
  • Reply 8 of 40
    tjmtjm Posts: 367member
    I agree with Aquafire and der Kopf. He is innocent until proven guilty. We are not the jury. We do not know any of the facts. Innocent is the only position we can take until a real jury has actually made a decision.

In MJ's defense, his childhood was stolen from him by his father. He was forced to perform like an adult when he was 5 years old as part of the Jackson Five. Now that he is an adult, he is living the childhood he never had.

But, as dK said, we're all capable of anything, though. He's not innocent no matter what. Let's wait for a jury to decide.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    I'm certainly not a fan ... if he's guilty, he should be brought to justice. I do find the tone of the press conference to be quite sour though ...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/11/19/ja...ipt/index.html

They seem to be taunting him on. As if it weren't bad enough with the release of the album, the D.A. and Sheriff seem to be going out of their way to make the mud stick.
  • Reply 10 of 40
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Maybe they are pissed off he bought his way out of the last one.
  • Reply 11 of 40
    I think we can all agree that his picture should not be displayed again ever.
  • Reply 12 of 40
    I just realized that's what they were talking about on the radio when we were driving back to the office. They would say anything with any real information but gave us graphic detail of what charge include "oral copulation". That's when we changed the station.

I'll add this to my list of news items I don't give a flying about.
  • Reply 13 of 40
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    It seems that the Californian laws relating to child witness legislation have been changed as a direct result of the 1993 MJ case. The previous state position was that no child could be FORCED by the state to give testimony.

Now that has been changed, & the court can legally demand the child to give evidence & in consequence be cross-examined.

This is a terrible situation. No one wants to be accused without being given the chance to face their accusers, but on the otherhand this may psychologically scar the child for life.
  • Reply 14 of 40
    True and one would hope that the prosecutor and judge would have enough wisdom to know when to press for testimony. Considering it seems that Jackson is a serial molester there may be a compelling public interest in having him testify.

I would guess that if the LAPD knows about it at all it's because the kid + parents contacted them.
  • Reply 15 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

I'm certainly not a fan ... if he's guilty, he should be brought to justice. I do find the tone of the press conference to be quite sour though ...

They seem to be taunting him on. As if it weren't bad enough with the release of the album, the D.A. and Sheriff seem to be going out of their way to make the mud stick.

Maybe the D.A. and the Sheriff have albums coming out as well...

Having said that, for about ten years "stories" about Jackson have been around and have been "surpressed" (ask your media contacts). Maybe, again, he will get justice American style by buying himself off. Guilty until proven innocent in his case, I'd say.

- T.I.
  • Reply 16 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rick1138

So is he a child molester, or just a naive and misunderstood, well, weirdo?

dont know, but something is striking me as not being right on the police side of things....

There was a statement saying that the police wanted to do this 3 weeks ago, but they held off doing it because they didnt want to interrupt a halloween party he was having for kids at the ranch.

This WAS on cnn, but it is not there any longer.. what struck me as strange is, if this guy is a pedophile, why would you delay and let him have a bunch of kids over for a party???
  • Reply 17 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

the man is ( like all US citizens ) assumed to be innocent until a court decides otherwise.

While they say that, very rare everyone, even the goverment follows it.
  • Reply 18 of 40
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

dont know, but something is striking me as not being right on the police side of things....

There was a statement saying that the police wanted to do this 3 weeks ago, but they held off doing it because they didnt want to interrupt a halloween party he was having for kids at the ranch.

This WAS on cnn, but it is not there any longer.. what struck me as strange is, if this guy is a pedophile, why would you delay and let him have a bunch of kids over for a party???

I think that this guy is a borderline pedophile. He is a weirdos, living in a virtual word. His father stolen his childhood in order to make him a star. The guy transformed him, in this ugly thing he is now. He can't understand that his behavior can be bad for kids, and that he can destroy their lifes.

I think it will be better if he stay aways from kids. His childhood was destroyed : it's not a reason to destroy the childhood of others : it's certainly not his intent, but it's what he does.
  • Reply 19 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

While they say that, very rare everyone, even the goverment follows it.

It's "rare" that the government follows it? Certainly the prosecutor doesn't follow it. But then again s/he is the prosecutor. The cops investigate crimes but if they assumed everyone was innocent then maybe they would never investigate anyone.

So that leaves the courts. Do you really think the courts in this country "rare"ly assume the defendant to be innocent? Or was this just a dumb statement?
  • Reply 20 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

I think that this guy is a borderline pedophile. He is a weirdos, living in a virtual word. His father stolen his childhood in order to make him a star. The guy transformed him, in this ugly thing he is now. He can't understand that his behavior can be bad for kids, and that he can destroy their lifes.

I think it will be better if he stay aways from kids. His childhood was destroyed : it's not a reason to destroy the childhood of others : it's certainly not his intent, but it's what he does.

Possibly, I aint saying he isnt weird, all i am saying is, I am not saying he is guilty or innocent, since I dont have all the information, and just happen to be saying there are weird things going on that actually isnt being done by him(well, not the ones I am talking about, but he does do weird things)