Semi-Perpetual NFL Picks Thread

Comments

• Reply 181 of 202
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    I am at a loss for words.

No I'm not.

****ing hell. The highest scoring offense in the NFL only gets in a single good drive. The defense let a lot of big plays go and was full of little holes on the smaller ones. Special teams didn't have a good play all afternoon, and Hall still doesn't get his 5th touchdown.

Merry Christmas, Cincinnati. Fear Arrowhead, Oakland.

• Reply 182 of 202
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    NFC East: Philadephia

NFC North: Green Bay

NFC South: Carolina

NFC West: Seattle

NFC Wild Cards: Dallas, St. Louis

AFC East: New England

AFC North: Baltimore

AFC South: Tennessee

AFC West: Kansas City

AFC Wild Cards: Indianapolis, Denver
  • Reply 183 of 202
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    ** grumbling, rok goes back to his picks for playoffs and erases tampa **
  • Reply 184 of 202
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    NFC East: Philadephia

NFC North: Green Bay

NFC South: Carolina

NFC West: Seattle

NFC Wild Cards: Minnesota, St. Louis

AFC East: New England

AFC North: Pittsburgh --there's still time baby!!!

AFC South: Tennessee

AFC West: Kansas City

AFC Wild Cards: Indianapolis, Denver

For the Superbowl: Tennessee (or Pittsburgh ) vs St Louis (however much I hate that team)
  • Reply 185 of 202
    Man, it was ugly in Buffalo this week. The Texans are my #1 team, but watching Drew Bledsoe get punked out all day while the fans jeered was sad.

The Bills are the worst coached team in the league, period. Kevin Gilbride, their offensive coordinator, is gonna bring Gregg Williams (aka Will Ferrel) down with him. And the loss to the Texans is probably the last straw. It's too bad, but what do you expect when you have a top-notching running back but you always throw on third down? See ya later, Bills...
  • Reply 186 of 202
    i'm almost longing back for the days when there were dynasties and teams that couldn't buy a break. at least a win over a heavily favored rival MEANT something. plus, monday night footballl has GOT to stop picking games based off the previous year's standings. yes, there are some good games, but then there are a lot of drop-dead awful wastes of primetime to boot (green bay vs. chicago comes to mind).

these days, it seems like more dumb luck and chance than anything else. like everyone picks a number out of a hat to find out their ranking by the end of the season...
  • Reply 187 of 202
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I predict the Chiefs will BUMP the hell out of the Raiders.
  • Reply 188 of 202
    So, can players who tested positive for steroids still play?

what are the rules?

and as for predictions: I predict that the Steelers will loose!

• Reply 189 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

So, can players who tested positive for steroids still play?

what are the rules?

and as for predictions: I predict that the Steelers will loose!

i believe there are minimum suspensions, but if the raiders had two cents in their head, they would just forcefully retire romo et al. romo's been a jackhole almost his entire career, yet now they want us to have sympathy for his concussions. uh-huh. right.

i'm interested to see where the whole cutting of keyshawn by the bucs will lead. i don't think they can run the table, and even if they did, they'd be staring an away-game wildcard in the face. the bucs have a few too many problems at this point to make the playoffs. of course fox WOULD have to get Key to be on the pre-game show sunday. i'm surprised he didn't work a deal with abc to be part of the monday night game announce team... "you see that pass, al??? i would have NEVER dropped that pass!"
  • Reply 190 of 202
    Carolina at Dallas

Detroit at Minnesota

Indianapolis at Buffalo

Jacksonville at N.Y. Jets

New England at Houston

New Orleans at Philadelphia

Pittsburgh at Cleveland

Seattle at Baltimore

San Francisco at Green Bay

Chicago at Denver

St. Louis at Arizona

Oakland at Kansas City

Cincinnati at San Diego

Tennessee at Atlanta

Washington at Miami

N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay
  • Reply 191 of 202
    okay, let's go...

Carolina at Dallas

though, if dallas wins, i will officially believe they are legit.

Detroit at Minnesota

joey doesn't have anyone to throw to. still, this game has all the makings of an upset, now that the vikings achilles heel has been exposed. i'll still pick the home team.

Indianapolis at Buffalo

the bills are in a must-win area to even have hope, but i just don't see it happening. drew's getting clobbered 'cause no one's open.

face it, the jets are out of the playoffs. they would ahve to fight past denver AND tennessee to get the wild card. jax is also well ou, but i think they have a lot of youth to play with at this point. del rio is a total dumbass, though. gimme nyj due to home and cold, though i wouldn't be too surprised if it went the other way.

New England at Houston

this will be close. i think new england can drop this and still stay in the hunt. texans have nothign to lose. plus, it's in houston. let's go houston in upset (and dom capers inches closer to the greatest expansion team coach ever).

if this were in n.o., the saints might take it. but new orleans is flailing for air, whiel the eagles are finding the stride we all thought they would ahve from the get-go

Pittsburgh at Cleveland

from san fran to a short week and then ont he road to cleveland? ouch. i'll take brownies to sweep the series (and effectively throw tommy out of a job next season)

Seattle at Baltimore

seattle isn't good on the road, and baltimore's defense is ferocious. pity ravens' offense is so, um, not there. let's say ravens win, 4-3.

san fran's getting their swerve back, and t.o. seems to be willing to catch balls from tim rattay, just to prove it was all garcia's fault. farve could barely throw at the end of last week and needs to let the damn thumb heal.

Chicago at Denver

welcome back, jake. pity you have to play your ass off just for a wild card, but such is the curse of being in the same division as the chiefs.

St. Louis at Arizona

same old cards. jeez, they will never have success while the bidwells still live. as bad as it sounds, it took hugh culverhouse dying before the bucs became contenders. the bidwells are just as bad, if not worse.

Oakland at Kansas City

i'm surprised oakland can fill a bus with active players who want to play this game. k.c. in a laugher.

Cincinnati at San Diego

what's that smell? playoffs??? it's late november, and cincy STILL has somethign to play for other than pride and a draft pick.

Tennessee at Atlanta

well,t he season is so over now, there isn't any point in bringing vick in until he's 100% -- well, except the insane salary he earns by sitting on the bench.

Washington at Miami

both teams need to win to stay in the wild card race. miami is more well-rounded, and at home. go fish.

N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay

loser is officially dead and can start reviewing the draft and trades for next year. i'd like to think the cutting of key (oh, what a pun) would do miracles, but this team is out of them. the bucs have also STUNK at home this year. nyg to keep hope alive for a week or two more.
  • Reply 192 of 202
    Cleveland is only about an hour away from Pittsburgh (if you drive like I do) and there will be equal amount of Pittsburgh fans there . . . . that's why it is such a big rivalry

I think it will be a close game and I think that Pittsburgh will win . . . . but I have to say that they will lose because . . . . . well . . . I have to that's all

anyway, some other upsetters that I see:

Detroit over Minesotta

New Orleans over Philadelphia

Jacksonville over the Jets

Houston over New England --well, I just have never been able to like NE . . . well, except way back when their colors were ogange and orange-redish (is my memory playing games with me?!)

Buffalo over Indianapolis . . . . seems crazy and I am probably wrong . . . but somehow I think that the Bills will play good D against the pass in this game . . . and the challenge of playing opposite of Manning will make Bledsoe step up to the plate (or the Center etc)

I also might have to say:

Seattle over Baltimore (but that isn't an upset)

Washington over Miami

Carolina

Cincinnati (but San Diego can be tricky!)

Green Bay

Denver

St Louis

and as for the Giants vs Tampa bay . . . . I just have no idea at all.....
  • Reply 193 of 202
    Quote:

san fran's getting their swerve back, and t.o. seems to be willing to catch balls from tim rattay, just to prove it was all garcia's fault. farve could barely throw at the end of last week and needs to let the damn thumb heal.

Pro-Niners:

Favre couldn't throw AT ALL in the final moments of last week's game.

Pro-Packers:

Can Rattay have three fantastic outings in a row?

Can he do it away from home? In Lambeau?
  • Reply 194 of 202
    correct picks in BOLD

Carolina at Dallas

damn it... fine, dallas to the nfc champ game. grrr...

Detroit at Minnesota

took 'em long enough.

Indianapolis at Buffalo

unnecessarily close, but a win's a win.

bit of a slow game, but nyj really needs some good free agents and drafts next year.

New England at Houston

well, houston did make it close.

well, if EVERYone starts to slide in the nfc south, maybe the bucs can... nah, never mind.

Pittsburgh at Cleveland

well, i know pfflam's happy.

Seattle at Baltimore

"... let's say ravens win, 4-3." okay, sorry. that was just a typo. i meant 44-43.

didn't see this game. i assume weather had some effect

Chicago at Denver

WTF?!?!

St. Louis at Arizona

awaiting final score...

Oakland at Kansas City

awaiting final score...

Cincinnati at San Diego

awaiting final score...

Tennessee at Atlanta

awaiting final score...

Washington at Miami

awaiting final score...

N.Y. Giants at Tampa Bay

awaiting final score...

p.s. the chiefs/raiders game has turned out to be pretty fun to watch...
  • Reply 195 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

didn't see this game. i assume weather had some effect

The weather was fine.

Rattay was alright.

Owens got a TD.

Peterson missed close field goal but it wasn't why the Niners lost.

The Niners made two interceptions deep in Packer territory in the first minutes of the game but didn't score on either drive because the running game was non-existent.

Three interceptions in a game and nothing to show for it. The defense did its job early, but the offense couldn't put the points on the board. By the end of the game, none of the Niner LBs could catch Ahman Green. Chalk it up to Lambeau mystique, IMO.
  • Reply 196 of 202
    early picks week..here I go

Green Bay at Detroit

Green Bay is just a better team. As long as the running attack keeps up it's a lock.

Miami at Dallas

Miami is looking better since Fiedler is back, but the Cowboys can handle them. I expect it to be close, though.

Arizona at Chicago

The Bears defense has really been impressive as of late. They might actually be a good team when they get an offense.

Atlanta at Houston

Vick or not, the Falcons are exposed, and they will fall. The Texans just keep getting better...

Buffalo at MY Giants

Will either of these coaches keep their jobs after the season? I hope Fassel does; he's taking all the heat for an offense stacked with guys who can't hang on to the ball.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

I wish the Steelers would get good again-their unorthodox style on both sides of the ball is very fun to watch. They are still good enough to beat the Bengals though...

Minnesota at St. Louis

This is a gut-check for two teams. Maybe we'll see which one is overrated, and which one is the real deal. We might even see Warner again if Bulger continues to struggle.

New England at Indianapolis

Both of these teams survived threats by weak teams last week, but Indy just doesn't have the solid grounding that the Patriots do. They're always focused, and they can and will win a close one.

Philadelphia at Carolina

Carolina is far worse than their record suggests. Eagles continue their winning ways.

San Fransisco at Baltimore

Do the Ravens finally have a quarterback? If they can give up less than 41 points this week, they will take the Niners.

New Orleans at Washington

It's a close call between these perennial underachievers. Who wins? Who cares?

Denver at Oakland

The Raiders are improving, the Broncos are declining. I predict Oakland jumping out early on its hated rival and never looking back.

Cleveland at Seattle

After the letdown in Philly, this should be a layup for Hasselbeck & Co. Browns need to fire their offensive coordinator.

Kansas City at San Diego

What happened to the Chargers? Who knows, but it can only get worse from here...

Tampa Bay at Jacksonville

The overconfident, undisciplined Bucs flush their season down the toilet? The question is not if, but when.

And finally, the Monday night game...

Tennessee at NY Jets

Titans are my current pick to win it all. The only team that stands toe-to-toe with them is New England.
  • Reply 197 of 202
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gizzmonic

What happened to the Chargers? Who knows, but it can only get worse from here...

Don't you mean better? I don't see how they could get much worse.

Marty just needs to leave coaching for good and take his entourage with him.
  • Reply 198 of 202
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

The weather was fine.

Rattay was alright.

Owens got a TD.

Peterson missed close field goal but it wasn't why the Niners lost.

The Niners made two interceptions deep in Packer territory in the first minutes of the game but didn't score on either drive because the running game was non-existent.

Three interceptions in a game and nothing to show for it. The defense did its job early, but the offense couldn't put the points on the board. By the end of the game, none of the Niner LBs could catch Ahman Green. Chalk it up to Lambeau mystique, IMO.

I came to Wisconsin not liking the Packers but they are slowly changing my mind...

I say, chalk it up to Ahman Green, Nail Digs and favre . . . chalk it up to the Packers being a better team then the Niners . . . I bet they end up farther than expected this season
  • Reply 199 of 202
    Looks like I'm 9-6 so far with one undecided...go Titans!
  • Reply 200 of 202
    i know this thread has kind of rotted on the vine as certain teams are getting knocked out of contention, but i swear, michael vick is one scary mother... he's carrying the ENTIRE team on his back. if he had been healthy this year, they would have won 8 off his effort alone.

of course, they're also going to have to carry him off on a stretcher at this point.

p.s. well, that had to be the greatest game involving a 2-10 team i have ever watched. utterly incredible. is vick still eligible for mvp?