Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    So his feet slipped...
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

So his feet slipped...

Yeah, after he was hopping on it like a trampoline. It looked to me like he had little intention of jumping off right away. Anyway, I found it amusing.... hopefully others will as well.
  • Reply 3 of 17
  • Reply 4 of 17
    That's why the people at the pool generally recommend not doing that. At that age, dumbass is right.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    This one's funny....but what a fantastically stupid thing to do!!!! ...

http://perp.com/whale/video.html
  • Reply 6 of 17
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Shame the High Quality version is hardly that.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Excuse me, but did the whale carcass get blown up in some impoverished little sea village halfway around the world? LMAO...this is one of the most retarded things I have EVER seen...EVER.

All that technology and so little brains. Unbelievable.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Excuse me, but did the whale carcass get blown up in some impoverished little sea village halfway around the world? LMAO...this is one of the most retarded things I have EVER seen...EVER.

All that technology and so little brains. Unbelievable.

That's an oldie but goodie. It happened in Oregon, and it was brought to the attention of the world by Dave Barry.

It is quite possibly one of the stupidest applications of technology in the history of civilization, counting Wile E. Coyote's attempts at catching his next meal, and Windows 95.

[edit: It happened in Florence, Oregon in 1970, and achieved new notoriety 25 years later when Barry's article was circulated, without attribution, all over the Internet. The car-crushing piece of blubber that sailed a quarter of a mile to its target measured three feet by five feet.]
  • Reply 10 of 17
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

.It is quite possibly one of the stupidest applications of technology in the history of civilization, counting Wile E. Coyote's attempts at catching his next meal, and Windows 95.

Hey, leave the Wile Coyote alone lol...I don't know about you guys, but I eagerly await the day that one of those ACME kits actually works the way it's supposed to and the Coyote feasts on that annoying roadrunner once and for all.

Yeah, I am still shaking my head and laughing at the logic behind blowing up a dead whale. Thanks for the info. Amorph. It's hilarious that the "engineer" was actually serious about it too. WTF???
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

this was wrong to do
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Was anything done in 1970 actually the right thing to do?
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Influenza

Was anything done in 1970 actually the right thing to do?

Disco baby!
  • Reply 14 of 17
    If ya'll enjoyed these, you need to head over to Stupid Videos Some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen. I love the one called "Bad day at work".
  • Reply 15 of 17
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    That is the manner in which rangers et al dispose of carcasses in national parks where people will attend but are not currently . . . .

in the recent Harper's Magazine (not Harper's Bazarre) they posted the listing of rules for how to blow up animal carcasses . . . . if done properly the body disintegrates .. . .

the problem in Oregon was that they didn"t do it right

...so there
  • Reply 16 of 17
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member

Holy crap... reminds me of that Robin Williams line in Good Morning Vietnam...

"Well we got a jackknifed water buffalo down there on the Ho Chi Min trail... we're gonna drop some napalm in there and see if we can't cook that baby down some."

Unreal. Did they honestly think it would disintegrate a la Marvin the Martian??

• Reply 17 of 17
    Here's a good one that I just found Indecent Proposal