Disabling logitech mouse drivers

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Two days ago, I were unlucky, and spilled some soda into my wonderful Apple Pro Keyboard. It isn't broke, but since I cleaned it with lots of water, it's still drying up, and I needed a replacement keyboard.

So I went downtown, and got a seemingly okay Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard. Plugged it in, and it worked like any PC-keyboard. IE. Alt/command switched, and none of the function-keys working (neither the F-buttons, or the gazillion of other, useless keys).

I installed the latest Logitech drivers for it. And guess what, it detected my MX500 mouse too. The problem: The drivers take over the mouse, and disables the USB Overdrive functionality I've set up for it (i.e. Exposé is gone, so is the other stuff I had on it).

The mouse is now rendered useless for all games I play, and generally for OS usage. How do I disable the mouse drivers, but not the keyboard drivers? Is it possible? If not, I'm returning this one, or I'll throw it from the 9th floor (for fun which is where I live.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I think you're stuck. I wish I could use the LCC for my keyboard and USB Overdrive for my mouse, but last I checked, that wasn't possible. :/ Sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    My solution was to just live with LCC.

If you REALLY want to use USBOverdrive, then you should ditch the Logitech software, download uControl and use that to remap your modifier keys. You'll lose functionality of all the extra buttons and such, though. \
  • Reply 3 of 4
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    My problem has been that the computer registers a double click on my Logitech Optical mouse when I know I've only clicked once. I'm on 10.2.8 and I've upgraded to the latest Mouseware.

This gets annoying real fast, especially trying to deleting one message in Mail and having two messages go to the trash.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fiddler

My solution was to just live with LCC.

If you REALLY want to use USBOverdrive, then you should ditch the Logitech software, download uControl and use that to remap your modifier keys. You'll lose functionality of all the extra buttons and such, though. \

Thanks a lot. Since this keyboard is just a (hopefully) temporary replacement for my beloved Apple Pro one, I have no need for the extra buttons. I just want to live as a decent being, with the mouse as I want it.

I'll test uControl at once. It seems just like the tool I want!

Thanks!