News Radio comes to DVD!!!!!!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Go to Amazon and do a search for "News Radio". They just sent me an email announcing that the series will be available on DVD starting in February. Pre-order now for a discounted price.

Can I get a "huzzah!!!!" ?

Tell Uncle Jimmy all about it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Was that the show with Phil Hartman? Man, that was weird the way he died - what was the full story there?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    The full story is that is wife was a drug abusing manic depressive and shot him and then herself.

I'll have see if they are at Netflix. Normally I wouldn't rent TeeVee stuff but News Radio was great stuff.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    obviously superkaratemonkeydeathcar is ecstatic.

Quote:

many days no business come to my hut... my hut... but Jimmy has fear?_ A thousand times no._ I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey strong bowels were girded with strength like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo... dung.

• Reply 4 of 14
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    w00t!

When I get a house, I will name it Fort Awesome.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

The full story is that is wife was a drug abusing manic depressive and shot him and then herself. [snip]

Urgh -- brutal; both the act and the way you so eloquenty re-told it Scott
  • Reply 6 of 14
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Re: Topic

Yes! I love this show! I've been wishing someone would pick it up after A&E took it off.

Jeff
  • Reply 7 of 14
    awesome!

i'll second the A&E comment. they messed up my daily routine by taking it off.

anyone know how many seasons it ended up running? the last few werent all that great w/ lovitz, but the years with hartman were classic.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    You know, the stuff with Jon Lovitz isn't all that horrible either, the other characters pull it together. The DVD features seasons 1 & 2, I can only anticipate that they'll follow up with subsequent seasons...however many there were. I wonder if there'll be any extras on there?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    casecomcasecom Posts: 314member
    Five seasons, but originally it was a midseason replacement so the first season was only seven episodes. It premiered March 1995 and ran through May 1999.

http://epguides.com/NewsRadio/

This DVD set is 28 episodes spread over three discs. And yes I will be buying!

• Reply 10 of 14
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I think it's hilarious that they started naming the episodes after Led Zepplin songs/albums halfway through season 2
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

I think it's hilarious that they started naming the episodes after Led Zepplin songs/albums halfway through season 2

that was just one writer. (each writer names their own episodes) i remember a webpage that interviewed the writers and one of them decided to name the episodes he wrote after "the worlds greatest rockband's" album.

(edit = actually i think it was a producer)

another writer (may have been the same guy) snuck david lee roth's name into the credits once.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

The DVD features seasons 1 & 2, I can only anticipate that they'll follow up with subsequent seasons...however many there were. I wonder if there'll be any extras on there?

Wow, it isn't everyday that something I'm working on appears on AI.

There will be extras - they told us to stop working on the project a couple of days ago so that the writers/producers can get together and decide what they want to include.

I forgot how good this show was.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    tell them that they should include everything they can possibly dig up!

also tell them that after FAWLTY TOWERS it was the best sitcom ever on television.

superkaratemonkeydeathcar says so.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    sweet