Tough New Tactics by U.S. Tighten Grip on Iraq Towns

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 111
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

But no, Uncle Sam *had* to dip his ugly greedy fingers into the oil wells...

Yeah,.. better for Saddam to dip his ugly greedy fingers into the wells, and then start a genocidal regional war every 10 years or so..
  • Reply 102 of 111
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by majorspunk

Yeah,.. better for Saddam to dip his ugly greedy fingers into the wells, and then start a genocidal regional war every 10 years or so..

Did he start a genocidal regional war that I missed?
  • Reply 103 of 111
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Did he start a genocidal regional war that I missed?

?!?!!!!!

What do you call gassing whole towns and villages?
  • Reply 104 of 111
    Quote:

?!?!!!!!

That was what, 30 years ago?
  • Reply 105 of 111
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    When we were supporting him no less.
  • Reply 106 of 111
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

That was what, 30 years ago?

1988. Gulf War was '91. But enough of this banter for me..
  • Reply 107 of 111
    Quote:

1988. Gulf War was '91. But enough of this banter for me..

Roughly 1980-88 for the Iraq/Iraq war.

1991 was the invasion of Kuwait, which had been engaging in slant drilling under the Iraqi border. Hardly a genocidal war.

Where's your one every ten years?

Oh well. I guess you've had enough of this silly banter about "facts"
  • Reply 108 of 111
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

?!?!!!!!

Yeah, the victim of the US's cluster bombs were certainly thankful the were not killed by gas. Slowly bleeding to death is so much more comfortable.

5000 Kurds gassed by Saddam, 4000 Iraqis killed by George. What a difference indeed.
  • Reply 109 of 111
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

Yeah, the victim of the US's cluster bombs were certainly thankful the were not killed by gas. Slowly bleeding to death is so much more comfortable.

5000 Kurds gassed by Saddam, 4000 Iraqis killed by George. What a difference indeed.

Ok, you win. What can I say. No difference at all.
  • Reply 110 of 111
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Ok, you win. What can I say. No difference at all.

Tell you what-- let's ask the dead and maimed. I'm sure they have strong feelings about slogans applied to their various slaughters.

I'm not joking-- get your bloodthirsty ass to Iraq and look a widow or a legless child in the face and run your shit. Tell 'em about how if they can't get behind their own liberation then they should fück off. Tell 'em how if we hadn't blown 'em up Saddam would have tortured them so they should be grateful. Have you ever even seen a gravely injured child?

You're quite the bold military adventurest from the safety of your keyboard. Very happy to play God with other peoples lives. In real life, we call that being "a contemptible asshole".
  • Reply 111 of 111
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Tell you what-- let's ask the dead and maimed. I'm sure they have strong feelings about slogans applied to their various slaughters.

I'm not joking-- get your bloodthirsty ass to Iraq and look a widow or a legless child in the face and run your shit. Tell 'em about how if they can't get behind their own liberation then they should fück off. Tell 'em how if we hadn't blown 'em up Saddam would have tortured them so they should be grateful. Have you ever even seen a gravely injured child?

You're quite the bold military adventurest from the safety of your keyboard. Very happy to play God with other peoples lives. In real life, we call that being "a contemptible asshole".

You can shove that where the sun don't shine.