.mac is relatively cheap... . mac "lite"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
From what I've seen, everyone, even hardcore Mac fans are pissed off about .mac. But, if you break the 100 dollar payment into 12 equal monthly payments it's only about $8.33 a month. Really, If you think about it, for most things we pay up to 20 dollars a month (ya know, netflicks, etc... So, really, .mac is a pretty good deal. Something I would like to see though is some sort of .mac "lite" where you could only get the mac.com email address....20 dollars a year per se. I guess this really isn't "future hardware" whoops...

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: Bioflavonoid ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    [Okay, before we all get in a tizzy because this isn't 'Future Hardware' let's note that this is his first post.]
  • Reply 2 of 8
    iq78iq78 Posts: 256member
    I don't mind $99/yr for 100MB + .mac services. I've found making homepages from iPhoto to be worth every penny. 2-click homepages are fantastic!

BUT, why is this in "future hardware" ??

It seems to me that .Mac is neither hardware nor a 'future' product.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Apple sucks and can go to hell for all I care.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Ya, I've been waiting for my dam n user name to be looked over. Plus, I didn't mean to put this in this section...this is the only thing I look at here...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Scott_H, why take such effort to write such a thing?

Well, if you're set on writing something, surely your "Phd" can conjure something with more content?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    LOL!!!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    .Mac seems a bit of a waste for services most people will never use. I think it would be well worth the money though if they teamed up with a filtering company like bess, net nanny, cyber sitter or somebody like that. It would go over really well with the school market as well. I would also bet that a heck of a lot more people would pay the $100 fee, specially parents with kids.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Belongs in Software...off you go...