iWrite (?) Trademark Applied For

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by nevoz

Apple software with the "i" (iCal, iTunes, iPhoto, iSync, iChat, iMovie) works well with hardware (iPod, camera, palm iSight...), and stand alone apps doesn't have the "i" (Mail, Keynote, Safari...)

Could be coincidence.

But I think the "i" is referring to software regarding the digital hub.

Thus iWrite could be hardware (a light sketchbook and something to write notes) or a software but not a normal word processor.

Could be an app that enhance inkwell technology.

Or something that simplify notetaking and that you can sync with ipod or palm. (a mix between textedit and post-it).

Or a mix of hardware (a "new" input method: a pen without tablet) and software.

these are very wise thoughts!! i give you a 10!

to add to your i-thoughts: i-Apps are for free, no-i Apps are part of the system (mail/safari), keynote, fce etc you have to pay for.

i like the idea of a new device, a real note pad, you write your notes on the screen (who said newton??), you have a dock - automatically, your notes are taken where they belong. a slightly improved palm with a beast of software! kind of itunes for written (painted? photographed? filmed???) files, on the left, you have your categories, to the right you have a preview, double click, opens a textedit++ app or whatever.. who said piles??

no, it is not totally new, you can do this allready with this & that. but there were mp3players BEFORE iPod (yes, i can remember that).

so, iWrite is a total intigration of written documents: typing, filing, organizing, transporting, writing (by hand), storing etc.

you should made a patent on this, nevoz!! oh, someone was a little faster..........
  • Reply 22 of 27
    This is definitely what the iWrite is.

• Reply 23 of 27
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i still think inkwell suffers fromt he fact that current tablets do not allow for good handwriting. until apple (or someone) figures out how to overcome this limitation, inkwell will be a novelty at best. i don't know anyone who can, even with a lot of practice write WELL on a standard tablet.

yes, you can write, and it is a tribute to the inkwell/newton team that it can translate that out-of-body chicken scratch into actual WORDS, but if apple just created a small, 4 x 5" grayscale tablet screen to write on to help improve those inkwell entries, i think they would have a real winner on their hands.

so i think that iwrite may be more likely HARDware, to work with their pre-exisiting inkwell, and then have the macBU guys from microsoft say at mwsf how the next version of microsoft office for mac will integrate all of this technology seamlessly.

everyone's happy.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    A bluetooth optical pen would've been cool 8)
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

I could go for that! Wow, that would be awesome. I can't wait to find out what it actually is.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Thanx k_munic!

"so, iWrite is a total intigration of written documents: typing, filing, organizing, transporting, writing (by hand), storing etc."

Yes!

PS

If you look for "iWrite" in google you will find that two or more apps with that name already exist.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/4644
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

Yeah, this is what I'm betting on.

As a name for a word processing application, "iWrite" is pretty stupid.

As a name for a tablet computer, "iWrite" is just way too narrow.

As a name for a wireless stylus that allows you to scribble your notes and sketches and see them instantly displayed on screen -- "the iWrite" sounds pretty cool. Note that it sounds a lot like "iSight." I think it will prove to be a similar kind of product in a similar price range.

I wonder if it will require a special pad or if it will work on regular paper. My feeling is that if it requires both a stylus and a special tablet, it won't achieve the ubiquity that Apple would want for it. And would it require a perpetual bluetooth connection to the Mac or could it possibly store notes and sketches for later uploading?

Very interesting.