Semi-spam from this board

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Whenever I check my inbox, I ALWAYS see an e-mail telling me that someone has replied to a topic I posted in. After having 117 emails, I turned this feature off in my User CP.

Edit Options>

Use 'Email Notification' by default?

Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.

Is that not it? If it is, I've selected no, but I continue to get new e-mails

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    check to see if you're getting e-mails from new threads or not. it may be that the threads you replied to when e-mail notification was your default are still sending you e-mails, while new threads (like this one) won't send e-mails when you get a reply.

i think then you have to go through the threads one by one to turn off the "feature".
  • Reply 2 of 4
    in your User CP (linkage at top left of AI page). There is a list of "Subscribed Threads". You can remove the ones that are emailing you from there.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    yeah, i ran into this same problem (see my other thread in "suggestions"). problem is there isn't very much calling attention to the unsubscribe link on the user cp area, and i have trained myself to ignore signatures in emails, which is why i never read the links in those emails either. so, basically, there were places to unsubscribe everywhere, i just never saw them.

now you want an overloaded inbox? go to "appleoutsider" and click on "subscribe to this forum"... i swear you'll blow up your account mailbox.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I suppose it should also be noted that this is also mentioned in the forum's default FAQ link on the top right of every page.

Quote:

What is email notification?

If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Receive updates to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.

If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.

Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.

Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.