Where's the leak?

homhom
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
There are only 3 days left till the Stevenote and so far we haven't had a legitimate leak yet. No pictures for all the PS masters to dissect, no credible rumors, not even a C&D order. What's going on? Sure Apple has gotten better at stopping this sort of stuff, but c'mon. I think this is going to be the first MacWorld that I don't have a pretty good idea of what is going to make an appearance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 37
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,435member
    Steve fired them all. \
  • Reply 2 of 37
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I heard he got Samuel L. Jackson to help with a presentation.

*Steve walks out and shakes his head in disgust to the G5 web admin*

As he looks to the crowd and smiles as Samual walks out.

"...And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious

anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know

my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

They unload into his body. Samuel stops after 3 shots with a shocked look on his face. Police come and carry him away. Steve says let this be a lesson to you...only one of our guns had blanks
  • Reply 3 of 37
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Not true.

http://thinksecret.com/news/finalcutexpress2.html

Final Cut Express 2 will be introduced at the keynote.
  • Reply 4 of 37
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I didn't even get any info. from the Apple developers I went out drinking with .
  • Reply 5 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

I didn't even get any info. from the Apple developers I went out drinking with .

Next time break out the Pentothal Sodium
  • Reply 6 of 37
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Just wait until Monday afternoon/evening. Something will come out then. History has shown that the day before always reveals something.
  • Reply 7 of 37
    I would rather see it at the keynote then before... I like surprises.
  • Reply 8 of 37
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    No, no - I want some quality leaked info... I'm hanging out for more specific details about the Apple DAW!!

(but, then again - another two days or so isn't too long to have to wait, I guess)
  • Reply 9 of 37
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    When you think about it, would it really be so bad for apple to let a couple leaks out?

I mean, if they were discrete,and only a week or less before the official announcement, the only people that would know or care would be the dorks here, what's the big deal?
  • Reply 10 of 37
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Next time break out the Pentothal Sodium

Unfortunately all the Apple Developers are currently caged in 10x14 cells for safe keeping until after the keynote.

The web design staff is being held at gun point waiting until 2:00 PM PST on Tuesday when they can upload the new version of apple.com.
  • Reply 11 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by jante99

Unfortunately all the Apple Developers are currently caged in 10x14 cells for safe keeping until after the keynote.

The web design staff is being held at gun point waiting until 2:00 PM PST on Tuesday when they can upload the new version of apple.com.

You forgot to explain the images are on a computer not yet connected to the main servers, so that its impossible for that image to show up anywhere
  • Reply 12 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

What's going on? Sure Apple has gotten better at stopping this sort of stuff, but c'mon. I think this is going to be the first MacWorld that I don't have a pretty good idea of what is going to make an appearance.

Eh? "If you visited the Apple site earlier this week... You may have seen a funny thing... Yes those G5 specs were legit...." Heh.
  • Reply 13 of 37
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I think part of the reason that the rumor mill is so inactive is there seems to be a whole lot less anxiety, and therefore less eager speculation, about what's next.

Sure, you've got possibilities for PowerMac speed bumps, G5 Xserves, miniPods, new versions of iTunes, etc... but none of this has any of the frantic feeling that, say, speculation over the 15" AlBook did, or even much more so, the first G5 PowerMacs. There's just not the same driving hunger for new information. I think more of us are ready to simply sit back and, hopefully, be pleasantly surprised by whatever comes next. There's no desperate need for any particular new product, just a general desire to see Apple keep the momentum going.

I don't recall the Future Hardware forum ever being as quiet as it has been lately in the time leading up to a major Apple Event, at least not since I started reading AppleInsider. Doesn't seem much call to start up a Temporary Insanity forum this time around.
  • Reply 14 of 37
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich

Eh? "If you visited the Apple site earlier this week... You may have seen a funny thing... Yes those G5 specs were legit...." Heh.

Eh? That was at WWDC.
  • Reply 15 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I don't recall the Future Hardware forum ever being as quiet as it has been lately in the time leading up to a major Apple Event, at least not since I started reading AppleInsider. Doesn't seem much call to start up a Temporary Insanity forum this time around.

I agree. I do love my 15" AlBook though It is kinda going to be weird to not need a temp insanity. I've grown used to it and the madness of trying to keep up with the threads.
  • Reply 16 of 37
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Eh? That was at WWDC.

They may as well have called it MWNY in SF.
  • Reply 17 of 37
    Quote:

I think part of the reason that the rumor mill is so inactive is there seems to be a whole lot less anxiety, and therefore less eager speculation, about what's next.

Sure, you've got possibilities for PowerMac speed bumps, G5 Xserves, miniPods, new versions of iTunes, etc... but none of this has any of the frantic feeling that, say, speculation over the 15" AlBook did, or even much more so, the first G5 PowerMacs. There's just not the same driving hunger for new information. I think more of us are ready to simply sit back and, hopefully, be pleasantly surprised by whatever comes next. There's no desperate need for any particular new product, just a general desire to see Apple keep the momentum going.

I think this is largely due to the fact that apple has a totally awesome and complete product line right now. on all levels it's pretty friggin excellent for what you get, and so therefore there are less people desperate for any scrap of info regarding their next major purchase.
  • Reply 18 of 37
    Quote:

... [snip] ...

Yeah, it's good that Apple seems to be on the ball now, but I sort of miss that mad community spirit before the major expos!
  • Reply 19 of 37
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    yeah, where's JYD? Hasn't anybody spilt the beans?
  • Reply 20 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

yeah, where's JYD? Hasn't anybody spilt the beans?

He's probably trying to find someone (who knows someone at Apple) at a bar right now!