Saddam has Advanced Stage Cancer

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.novinite.com/newsletter/print.php?id=29632

Report: Saddam Hussein Has Cancer

2004-01-07

The ousted Iraqi dictator, who is currently under custody with the coalition forces, suffers from cancer of lymph glands, Kuwaiti Al-Anba daily reads, citing an Iraqi official. According to the daily, the disease is in an advanced stage, so doctors predict the former dictator would probably live a couple of years more.

Doctors came out with the fatal diagnosis while making thorough medical checking of Saddam Hussein at his capture near his hometown of Tikrit in December 2003.

Allegations of Saddam's illness appeared during the military campaign in Iraq last year, when one of his private doctors, residing in Syria, claimed that the former dictator suffered from cancer.

So here's a thought... well a couple actually.

Could the U.S. Intelligence agencies have known this?

And if so why not just keep the UN sanctions and inspections going until he kicked the bucket?

And is there any point in executing him now? Seems pointless... he's going to die a very painful and lonely death anyway.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    That would still be cruel, as much as one would be tempted to let him rot. It could be very bad news for any prosecution though.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Well I didn't mean not give him any medical care.

But in the end the painkillers don't do much.

Unless you're only barely conscious, if at all.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i think a real concern is if he has terminal cancer and is going to die, who's going to take his place?

sure saddam was bad, but that doesn't mean his sons wouldn't have been worse and more dangerous to the US.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    This info need confirmations.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Ah, well, whatever happens as a punishment does seems uperfluous. But I suppose they do have a responsibility to try to the cancer into remission, as ironic as that would seem ultimately. I dunno. I care more about his trial than whter his punishment is life or death. I want to see him live through that.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Well it's been rumored as far back as 2000.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/908930.stm