Purchase advice: refurb. 1 Ghz Superdrive Emac $929

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just wanted some opinions on this...

Apple store has refurb. 1 Ghz. Emacs for $929 - the most current Superdrive version. It also ships free.

I'm a budget-minded buyer - wouldn't use for more than email/internet and some iLife stuff. Should I go for it (purchasing 512 Mb RAM & Applecare as well) or wait & see? I'm planning to buy in the next month or so...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nedrick

Just wanted some opinions on this...

Apple store has refurb. 1 Ghz. Emacs for $929 - the most current Superdrive version. It also ships free.

I'm a budget-minded buyer - wouldn't use for more than email/internet and some iLife stuff. Should I go for it (purchasing 512 Mb RAM & Applecare as well) or wait & see? I'm planning to buy in the next month or so...

Thanks in advance.

Chances are a "special deal" like this will not be around for another month. I'd go for it, personally.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Me too! eMacs are great little machines and I dig them. A SuperDrive-equipped Mac for under $1000?

I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Ignore anyone coming in here and telling you otherwise.

Chances are, they're the type who are going to stick it out for a quad-processor G6, because anything less than that is obviously shit and not up to their demanding standards.

I, on the other hand, have my head on straight and think this is a great machine at a great price and this is a great deal.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i concur, go for it. i have been very happy with my combo drive 1ghz eMac. my only recommendation is to get the tilt-and-swivel stand, it makes the emac much better.

before my emac was sort of staring at my forehead all the time, but with the tilt-n-swivel, it looks me in the eye
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I personally hate all-in-ones. This, however, is a hell of a deal. Go for it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy

I personally hate all-in-ones. This, however, is a hell of a deal. Go for it.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I just bought it tonight! (Also bought Applecare and the stand.) Now for the 512 mb stick of RAM. Which leads me to my new post?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Congrats on your purchase.