oh crap. was bush right?

Comments

• Reply 101 of 142
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

From the article you linked:

These aren't the droids you're looking for. If you and Blue Shift can't see that it's because you're grasping at straws.

I am sorry, but you sir are a word parsing idiot.

They meant up to this point and since they have not had independent confirmation, they are not officially considered chemical weapons.

You are getting very predictable. I knew when I read that article someone would tray that tact.
  • Reply 102 of 142
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

From the article you linked:

These aren't the droids you're looking for. If you and Blue Shift can't see that it's because you're grasping at straws.

Not only that this is CNN and it seems they are nat a bastion of Bush support. Those last two paragraphs seem to be thrown in there in case the shells are not WMD'd, as sort of a "I told you so." Like a default ending like they do with all Apple press releases.
  • Reply 103 of 142
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

I am sorry, but you sir are a word parsing idiot.

They meant up to this point and since they have not had independent confirmation, they are not officially considered chemical weapons.

You are getting very predictable. I knew when I read that article someone would tray that tact.

Call me whatever name you want, the point doesn't change. The Bush administration is on my side in this argument.
  • Reply 104 of 142
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
  • Reply 105 of 142
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/12/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Ahhhhh! What a nice warm fire!

The guy is a disgruntled employee. Give us a break. What does he have to loose by making an outrageous claim? Nothing. Gain? Everything, he is on TV again.
  • Reply 106 of 142
    Quote:

The guy is a disgruntled employee. Give us a break. What does he have to loose by making an outrageous claim? Nothing. Gain? Everything, he is on TV again.

That doesn't mean he's not telling the truth and we should imediately dismiss him. Maybe he had good reason to be disgruntled.
  • Reply 107 of 142
    Quote:

That doesn't mean he's not telling the truth and we should imediately dismiss him. Maybe he had good reason to be disgruntled.

No. But it does tell you he might have a reason to carry out a personal vendetta against his former employer. Public servants rarely get dismissed as abruptly as Mr. O'Neill was. So you might consider that for all intent and purpose he's been publicly disgraced. I also kinda think that it's sleazy for him to ware that pin on TV while he's trying to sell his book of trash.
  • Reply 108 of 142
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Yea the Clinton recession has hit the country hard.

Did you notice no one pays attention to this?

This reasoning ran out of gas ( and excuses ) a long time ago.
  • Reply 109 of 142
    Quote:

Originally posted by Blue Shift

No. But it does tell you he might have a reason to carry out a personal vendetta against his former employer. Public servants rarely get dismissed as abruptly as Mr. O'Neill was. So you might consider that for all intent and purpose he's been publicly disgraced. I also kinda think that it's sleazy for him to ware that pin on TV while he's trying to sell his book of trash.

All the more reason to think there might be something to what he's saying.
  • Reply 110 of 142
    Quote:

All the more reason to think there might be something to what he's saying.

It's times like this that I thank the all mighty that my brain isn't hardwired to follow your kind of "reason". (This applies to your previous post as well).
  • Reply 111 of 142
    Quote:

It's times like this that I thank the all mighty that my brain isn't hardwired to follow your kind of "reason". (This applies to your previous post as well).

Amen brother blue!
  • Reply 112 of 142
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

worked for ford and nixon, personal friend of george senior, ran alcoa, very wealthy....yeah, typical "disgruntled employee" looking for TV time....

g

also, not his book, he did not write it, nor did he have it ghost written...and he is making no money from it.

nice to see some calling it trash without reading it

oh well
  • Reply 113 of 142
    Quote:

Yes, obviously it's been hardwired in another direction.
  • Reply 114 of 142
    Quote:

Amen brother blue!

This one's just constantly arcing.
  • Reply 115 of 142
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

worked for ford and nixon, personal friend of george senior, ran alcoa, very wealthy....yeah, typical "disgruntled employee" looking for TV time....

g

also, not his book, he did not write it, nor did he have it ghost written...and he is making no money from it.

nice to see some calling it trash without reading it

oh well

I assume you are disappointed to find out O'Neill is now disputing the authenticity of what's been printed then?
  • Reply 116 of 142
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

I assume you are disappointed to find out O'Neill is now disputing the authenticity of what's been printed then?

After reading the article, I don't see O'Neill disputing what's been printed. Where do you see that?
  • Reply 117 of 142
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    *yawn*
  • Reply 118 of 142
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Just jumped in on page three and have to ask how this about O'Neill is related to this thread, which is about the economy.

I think the thread can be considered a little more generic than that. And there is some evidence that Bush was not correct about a lot of things.
  • Reply 119 of 142
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    how's that "middle class" tax cut working for you?

Good for Investors, Bad for the Rest

By Harold Meyerson

Wednesday, January 14, 2004; Page A19

If you work for a living in George W. Bush's America, you're a sap.

Take a quick look, or a long one, at the tax code as Bush has altered it during his three years as president, and you're compelled to conclude that work has become a distinctly inferior kind of income acquisition in the eyes of the law. Bush tax policy rewards investment and inheritance. Relying on work for your income, by contrast, turns you into a second-class citizen.

In his first round of tax cuts in 2001, Bush got Congress to phase out the estate tax by 2010. Last year, with Republicans in control on Capitol Hill, he reduced the top tax rate on dividends from 39.6 percent to 15 percent, and brought the capital gains tax rate down from 20 percent to 15 percent as well.

This year, his new budget proposes that families be allowed to shield as much as $30,000 yearly on their investment income, which will abolish all remaining taxes on such income. Meanwhile, the income tax cuts to most middle-class families don't exceed a couple of hundred dollars, and payroll taxes for employees remain untouched. In part, this devaluing of work is simply an expression of Bush family values. As Kevin Phillips points out in his new biography of the Bush dynasty, the Bushes don't do anything so vulgar as going into professions. Rather, the clan lives by its connections. For George W. and his brothers, work has meant riffling through Pappy's Rolodex. Theirs is the cronyest form of capitalism...

cont'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jan13.html

By the way... Kevin Phillips is a conservative.
  • Reply 120 of 142
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

how's that "middle class" tax cut working for you?

Um...it sucks? Sorry, but Bush is a sick bastard.