Apple Trade-Up Program for PowerBooks?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Nice, I'm glad they are doing this... but I bought my new 15 AL PB a while ago... so I have my Ti 500 just sitting there...

I wonder if anyone would want to pick it up? a few issues: 2 vert lines to the right of the screen, (one yellow, one blue) which I think can be fixed without replacing the screen. CD drive is broken, and it has a 20gig HD. 768 of ram though. What do you think I could get for it?

charlie
  • Reply 22 of 29
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kyogen

. CD drive is broken

ooh... thats a big minus....

FYI you can use your new 15" al's optical drive in target disk mode to install anything on it if you ever wanted to... of course if you are going to do that you may as well put the Ti in target mode, but if you wanted to run system diagnostics while the Ti is booted you
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Thanks for the tip... I was actually going to include an external Firewire CD drive/burner with the package... It works great for installs/backups etc.

May make it a bit more attractive... heh.

Charlie
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Hey , i don't know how things are in US, but here i was always able to trade up my old mac for a new one at my local mac shops.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    has anyone found out yet if education prices can be used in this trade up program?
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by shabbasuraj

has anyone found out yet if education prices can be used in this trade up program?

I was told by Apple today that you cannot combine developer or academic discounts with this deal. Anyone in SoCal want to buy a Ti400 for $600 that they can turn around and trade-in to Apple so I can use my .edu discount?
  • Reply 27 of 29
    If anybody's interested, here's the PowerBook G4 Trade-In webpage on Apple's site:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86643

Credit: MacInTouch, January 14, 2004
  • Reply 28 of 29
    I sent in my 15" TiBook (500 Mhz) on Thursday. I ordered a 1.25 Ghz 15.2" AlBook for $1,899 + tax ($2,599 - $700 trade-in value).

The person I talked with at Applecare was very helpful and informative. I called a few days earlier to ask a bunch of questions and ended up calling back to go through with the deal. Now just waiting for the credit card to be charged.

They don't do the educational/government discount on this offer and you can't combine your PowerBook order with anything else. So no free Epson Stylus C84.

Tim
  • Reply 29 of 29
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    I do wonder with this deal for the trade up program for a G4 and ending mar 27. Means the Powerbook G5 in april. Every interesting.