Listing of AI AOL Messenger names?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
This may exist and I just don't know where to find it, but is there a way that we could call up a list of everyone's AIM names so I could quickly go through and add who I'd like to my iChat?

This ability might be good for people who want others' MSN names, e-mail addresses, etc. and not have to go through each person's profile one by one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    <-- SilentiiEchos

I don't really find it necessary though because usually you will find a post or a series of posts from some person making you realize you want to talk to that person then you can simply click there profile link.

I mean really I never had the urge to go through and add AI members to my buddy list in bulk.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    you could add people to your "ai" buddy list and then go from there... would be a BIT easier... but you still have to load each profile individually...

I think the only way to load data across users is by registration date, name, and post count... maybe you could take a look at the member link at the top of the page and see if you could shoehorn an AIM command or something...

I bet it is possible if you tried hard enough... you just need the name of the entry for AIM screen names...

check in your profile for that or ask brad.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    brad addressed this about a month ago and a thread was started with iChat handles.

brad said it would have to be voluntary, he didn't feel comfortble publishing a list if memory serves, i'll find the thread after dinner and a bulls victory.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    the URL should be something similar to this...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/membe...=&view=aimicon

but I'm just groping in the dark...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    What superkarate monkeydeathcar said.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    damn... stupid vB...

better then the old boards tho...

what was the software called? ubb? something like that...

god-awful software... good riddance!

Edit: wohoo! 4600! only 5400 till I can get an avatar....

I wouldn't even use it heh...

any chance I can get a negative postcount counting down to 10000 like Murbot?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

This may exist and I just don't know where to find it, but is there a way that we could call up a list of everyone's AIM names so I could quickly go through and add who I'd like to my iChat?

This ability might be good for people who want others' MSN names, e-mail addresses, etc. and not have to go through each person's profile one by one.

eh?

uhhhhhhhhhh... no not that brilliant of an idea....sorry
  • Reply 8 of 10
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    So...you dug up this thread to post no useful content other than the Guiness web site? Well played.

• Reply 9 of 10
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

So...you dug up this thread to post no useful content other than the Guiness web site? Well played.

no i thought i'd chime my 2 cents in to say no and to list that commercial cuz i love that series of commercials
  • Reply 10 of 10
    vault86