FS: retail ATi Radeon 9800 Pro

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am selling a retail (not OEM) ATi Radeon 9800 Pro for the Mac. 4X AGP, DVI, VGA & S-Video out - works with the ATi Displays control panel which won't work with the OEM card (custom control FSAA and anisotropic filtering on a per app basis - rotate your screen 90 or 180 degrees, etc.)

Purchased in Oct. for $362.95, selling it for $300 shipped.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I'll give you $5 for it
  • Reply 2 of 13
    I'll give you $50
  • Reply 3 of 13
    why are you selling it? is it defective in any way?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    No, the card works perfectly. I am selling it because I am building a pc, and it makes more sense to use that for gaming, so I am putting a lower end card in my Mac (my work machine). I am going to take the money from the 9800 and buy one for the pc...

Matt if you were interested I am in VT also - possibly save a couple bucks on shipping depending on where you are (I am in Burlington).
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Pie Man

No, the card works perfectly. I am selling it because I am building a pc, and it makes more sense to use that for gaming, so I am putting a lower end card in my Mac (my work machine). I am going to take the money from the 9800 and buy one for the pc...

Matt if you were interested I am in VT also - possibly save a couple bucks on shipping depending on where you are (I am in Burlington).

maybe, i'm in springfield, though on weekends i go to hartford, so, i gotta check out my fnances, cuz i am just a student, and i'll let you know
  • Reply 6 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Wy can't you flash the card and put it into your PC?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Wy can't you flash the card and put it into your PC?

All indication I get is it won't work. Looking at the steps one person took to flash PC to Mac, the PC card actually has some hardware which doesn't even exist on the Mac version of the card... Plus, since PC vid cards are significantly less expensive, I can partially offset the cost of the PC by either buying the same card for the PC (making a few bucks), or getting a slightly lower end model (making a few more bucks)...

Couple more days and it goes on eBay. Don't make me do it!!!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    What machine were you using it in?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Pumpkintosh

What machine were you using it in?

Dual 2GHz G5.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

maybe, i'm in springfield, though on weekends i go to hartford, so, i gotta check out my fnances, cuz i am just a student, and i'll let you know

Why? Why! would you bother coming to Hartford? This place rolls its sidewalks up at 5:30PM and is closed on weekends. I can't believe they even call this place a city!

At least I only work here . . .
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Why? Why! would you bother coming to Hartford? This place rolls its sidewalks up at 5:30PM and is closed on weekends. I can't believe they even call this place a city!

At least I only work here . . .

i just moved to springfield from hartford, and i'm going up there on the weekends to visit my friends and family who live up there, by hartford, i mean hartford vermont, not connecticut
  • Reply 12 of 13
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Whew, I'm glad you didn't mean CT.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Whew, I'm glad you didn't mean CT.

hehe