Call the Genius Bar?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I grabbed a copy of iLife since it's so cheap...specially for students But when I try to install I get this error...

http://mobocracy.no-ip.com/gb.pdf

I don't know what it refers to at all, so does anyone know? I put this in general discussion because my main question was if it's possible to call an apple store and talk to the genius bar since it's an hour drive to the nearest.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    There should be a number that fits the blocks on the iLife box. (BTW, you can't post pdf's as images. Just link to them)
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Ok, I guess I may have missed it I'll go look once I get it back, I let my brother borrow it.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I grabbed a copy of iLife since it's so cheap...specially for students But when I try to install I get this error...

http://mobocracy.no-ip.com/gb.pdf

I don't know what it refers to at all, so does anyone know? I put this in general discussion because my main question was if it's possible to call an apple store and talk to the genius bar since it's an hour drive to the nearest.

That is weird. I installed the education version of iLife and there no was serial number needed or located on package.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    The problem was solved before I could call... someone smarter then myself told me it was something with native instruments. I never registered that so a program or whatever called Battery was asking to be registered because I guess GarageBand was calling it or something.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I'm moving this thread to the Genius Bar out of principal. Come on, man. If you're going to put "Genius Bar" in the thread's title, it should probably go into the Genius Bar.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

The problem was solved before I could call... someone smarter then myself told me it was something with native instruments. I never registered that so a program or whatever called Battery was asking to be registered because I guess GarageBand was calling it or something.

Yeah, the dialog box just didn't look like an Apple written alert. And Apple have never asked for a serial number for any software I've ever installed from them. m.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

Yeah, the dialog box just didn't look like an Apple written alert. And Apple have never asked for a serial number for any software I've ever installed from them. m.

Final Cut Pro and the pro apps