more features for the ipod

Comments

• Reply 21 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

if your ipod is set to auto update, play count and ratings all transfer and sync with the comp... your requested feature is already here!

i can't auto update cuz i have 2 much music to fit on the pod and i don't want to go in and uncheck 5000 songs just to have the 3000 or so i want to listen to, i know i can command-uncheck them all, but then i have to check 3000 more
  • Reply 22 of 65
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neilw

3) Mark tracks as "album only". I use scramble mode a lot, but a lot of albums have "filler" tracks, reprises, intros, etc., that get nonsensically scrambled along with everything else. I want a tag I can set up in iTunes that marks certain tracks as "album only", so that they are ignored by both smart playlists and scramble mode.

That would be so useful!

Amorya
  • Reply 23 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

i can't auto update cuz i have 2 much music to fit on the pod and i don't want to go in and uncheck 5000 songs just to have the 3000 or so i want to listen to, i know i can command-uncheck them all, but then i have to check 3000 more

so use smart playlists and only put your top 3000 or whatever on it. then set it to only sync with that playlist... once you do this, you can use ratings on the go, then when you sync it auto updates your "top rated", etc...
  • Reply 24 of 65
    Quote:

so use smart playlists and only put your top 3000 or whatever on it. then set it to only sync with that playlist... once you do this, you can use ratings on the go, then when you sync it auto updates your "top rated", etc...

huh, thanks man, never thought of that
  • Reply 25 of 65
    Quote:

huh, thanks man, never thought of that

thats what we're here for
  • Reply 26 of 65
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Gapless playback is my number one wish.
  • Reply 27 of 65
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

i want to be able to copy my ratings from the iPod to the Mac, because, when i'm on the go, i rate something, and then i forget to rate it on the computer, and it's just a general pain in the @$$!

you mean they don't copy over when you sync?

Edit: I've just checked, with an iPod with software 2.1 and iTunes 4.2 (OS X 10.2.8 ) the ratings sync over! Does';t it work for you?
  • Reply 28 of 65
    Quote:

1st i want a crossfade. i've been asking for that (yes, sending emails) for a long time.

second, i want a "suspended mode"--let me explain...

when in the now playing screen, holding down a button loads your playlist into a sort of 'background mode', then you have freedom to go around and click songs and rate them without playing them, so you can keep your playlist going. when done, just go back to the now playing screen and hold down the select button for about 5 seconds, and you go back into regular mode. it seems easy to do.

hmm.... the dj scratching thing would be cool, and actually that could be another feature of the suspend thing. once in 'suspend mode', you could use the scroll pad to 'scratch' your songs or whatever.... the possibilities are endless.

that would be so cool, they should implement the suspended mode, have you sent this idea to Apple?
  • Reply 29 of 65
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

doesn't matter if they are physically possible or not, what would make the iPod even cooler?

- Stereo input of high quality to record interviews, memos.

- Bluetooth for local music streaming (WLAN would be cool too but harder to implement)

- Longer battery life (12h would be sufficient).

- Buttons that do not react to the touch of a feather.
  • Reply 30 of 65
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

- Stereo input of high quality to record interviews, memos.

a line in. would be massive for musicians etc
  • Reply 31 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

that would be so cool, they should implement the suspended mode, have you sent this idea to Apple?

i sent an email today *crosses fingers*... i also squeezed in the DJ record-scratching type feature that a lot of people want.
  • Reply 32 of 65
    um not exactly dj ...i want the pitch control

beacuse i play guitars & it would great to be

able to slow down a song

eg when you press the center button you can toggle

between position & volume

so hold down the center button for more than 3 secs

& it should move to pitch control

btw bring back the 2nd gen wheel & buttons around the wheel

it looked much better & the button werent feather touch

i still love my 2nd gen 20gb pod
  • Reply 33 of 65
    cross fade definitely needs to make it in there. If an old 68040 processor could cross fade two different audio tracks then an iPod ought to be able to. I don't know if any other player has this ability but if not that would put the iPod on a whole other level.
  • Reply 34 of 65
    Quote:

i sent an email today *crosses fingers*... i also squeezed in the DJ record-scratching type feature that a lot of people want.

me too
  • Reply 35 of 65
    personally, I dont like the cross fade feature. I want to hear every last second of a song usually....maybe have it as an option but not as a set feature.
  • Reply 36 of 65
    i don't want there to be gaps from song to song, i'm not talking about a cross-fade, i just don't like that half second little gap in between songs
  • Reply 37 of 65
    What about bluetooth enebled iPod with software to control your Mac. You could have a Keynote slide show and with a click of a button you could control it. This could also work with the iLife appz. Being able to control iTunes and iPhoto would be awesome. This is already possible with Palm Pilots how hard would it be to build that in to the iPod.

And what about being able to control your TV and DVD player right from your iPod. My cousin has a 200.00 remote that he won at work. That would rock if the iPod had those type of abilities. It would defenately become it's own platform if it isn't already.
  • Reply 38 of 65
    but crossfade is nice for parties
  • Reply 39 of 65
    Quote:

i don't want there to be gaps from song to song, i'm not talking about a cross-fade, i just don't like that half second little gap in between songs

exactly, especially when your listening to a concept album, it's so annoying.
  • Reply 40 of 65
    Bah. No more DJ suggestions. First off, if you are a DJ and have ever scratched you'll realize that it requires a Mixer and a Turntable (Digital or Vinyl) Secondly, scratching on a dial that small would pain anyone since I don't possiblely see how you could mimic the the movements exactly. Thirdly, if you want to be a DJ go get some Denon DN-s5000's or wait for the new 1200s from Technics.

I would like to see an input function tho, so I can record to the iPod. MiniDisc is still owning the iPod in that respect.