[Merged] This can't be for real, could it??? (Apple Projector)

Comments

• Reply 41 of 113
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Is this it????
  • Reply 42 of 113
    A Mac with a built-in projector (instead of a display) does sound really cool. But I can think of two possible issues with it:

1. Some people like to work on their computers facing a window.

2. Not everyone has their desks pointed at a wall. For example, my desk forms an L shape that points toward one of the corners in the room.
  • Reply 43 of 113
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by philmaker2004

Not everyone has their desks pointed at a wall. For example, my desk forms an L shape that points toward one of the corners in the room.

Ah, those poor lighthouse keepers with their round walls....
  • Reply 44 of 113
    I know it's OT, but thank goodness for AI, if I had to read forums that were that color all the time I would kill myself. Thats all.
  • Reply 45 of 113
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Wouldn't color accuracy be abysmal with a projector?

Calibration camera and ColorSync. Next question?
  • Reply 46 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

Ah, those poor lighthouse keepers with their round walls....

Which surface calibration makes look flat. Next question?
  • Reply 47 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

Are you implying some sort of 2-D data transfer?

Nope. The first sets itself up with a known calibration pattern. The second does the same, but sees the first projector's pattern on the edge, and the two are stitched seamlessly into one video surface. We have several systems like this in offices in our dept, but they require tedious manual setup and color calibration.

Next question?
  • Reply 48 of 113
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Calibration camera and ColorSync. Next question?

Could all of that accound for imperfections of a wall surface?
  • Reply 49 of 113
    Physical or color?

Physical is a solved problem, been there, done that.

Color is a bit harder - does anyone know if ColorSync can produce a profile on a per *region* basis of a device? If so, it could project a known color pattern, scan for variations across the regions, and spot-check the color into conformance.
  • Reply 50 of 113
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

Is this it????

Bwahaaahaaahahaha...... that is just so Defective (sorry).

Those silly Swedes. Been going at the moonshine again I reckon.
  • Reply 51 of 113
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kroehl

Bwahaaahaaahahaha...... that is just so Defective (sorry).

Those silly Swedes. Been going at the moonshine again I reckon.

Rather alcohol than narcotics, Netherlander.
  • Reply 52 of 113
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KANE

Rather alcohol than narcotics, Netherlander.

Location =! nationality
  • Reply 53 of 113
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kroehl

Location =! nationality

Location =! nationality =! mentality
  • Reply 54 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Placid Casual

Ummmm. what on earth is ADC if not a proprietary connector?

ADC is a VESA standard connector, issued 1996 and sponsored/invented by IBM no less. But.. It seems that it's only Apple and Formac who makes ADC products.
  • Reply 55 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by vinney57

Oh I see! Silly me. Its going to be a projector that only works with Apple Keynote. There's going to be an iKeynote Store where you can download the millions of fantastic Keynote presentations that middle management drones have slaved over for minutes and its going to give Apple a monopoly in the ultra-competitive downloadable business presentations market that will ensure Apple's relevance to the mass market for years to come.

Give me a break.

While i don't see this as a super likely product the tie-in would not be only with keynote, but rather with a PVR like product.

How long until we see along with iTMS the QTMS (quicktime movie store) where you could purchase whole movies, or rent (have them streamed). How about buying that one favourite Seinfeld or X-files episode?

Now i don't know anything about bandwith or compression requirements, but don't miss the very obvious potential for selling downloads for a product like this.

Edited for Spalling
  • Reply 56 of 113
    It's interesting. I know that HP was working on a home low end user video projector and DVD player combo. I think it would be awesome if Apple also did this. A very simple video projector that had a DVD player built in. People make movies in iMovie, USe iDVD to put them all together, burn them on their superdrives....... NOW, be able to bring their DVD's and projector over to Grandmas to watch the home movies. It would probably be a DVD player/Projector/speaker/sub system all in one case. I think it's an awesome idea!!!!
  • Reply 57 of 113
    this projector is not supposed to take place of your monitor. Although, Im sure it could be used that way. It is probably just a hardware device that is meant to be used with Apple's iDVD/iMovie/Iphoto applications.
  • Reply 58 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by gorebug

While i don't see this as a super likely product the tie-in would not be only with keynote, but rather with a PVR like product.

How long until we see along with iTMS the QTMS (quicktime movie store) where you could purchase whole movies, or rent (have theme streamed). How about buying that one favourite Seinfeld or X-files episode?

Now i don't know anything about bandwith or compression requirements, but don't miss the very obvious potential for selling downloads for a product like this.

I'd say we're 6-7 years away. The bandwidth isn't there...not even close.
  • Reply 59 of 113
    Would it be called " i-Hollywood Video Store " or " iBlockbuster"

haha
  • Reply 60 of 113
    i finally see the point in apple making a projector:

IPOD KEYNOTE

if you have an apple projector, use your 4th gen ipod with bluetooth to give a keynote directly from the ipod!!!

its what we've all been waiting for (well, i have anyways...)