[Merged] This can't be for real, could it??? (Apple Projector)

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 113
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

Here you go from Dell.....

From cnbc.com // © 2004 BusinessWire

Dell DELL customers can now choose a new high-brightness conference room projector that delivers crisp images from many angles and comes with picture-in-picture (PIP), among many new features.

Will we see something soon from Apple ???

I don't think something from Dell ever applies to what Apple might do. This is a rebadged commodity parts projector that Dell keeps cheap by the economies of its assembly process.
  • Reply 102 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by neilw

2) Wiring to projectors can be difficult, since they are often far from the rest of the electronics.

3) Projectors don't do particularly well in brightly lit rooms, so they're not good as a primary TV.

I'm thinking that that this would actually be a Mac/PJ in one unit. No wires (except for power of course.) BT mouse and keyboard.

Recent advances in projector technology have gone a long way towards making images more pleasing in well lit rooms. Apple, for example, uses some kind of TI DLP PJ in the retail stores.

I don't know. It's an odd rumor. But you never know with Apple. Being both an Apple fan, and an HTPC nut myself, it would certainly wet my whistle.
  • Reply 103 of 113
    There is this article from Reuter (but at c|net) that talks about wireless transmition for video.

http://news.com.com/2100-1039_3-5147944.html

I'm trying to find if Apple is part of this research but to no avail. I mean it's not among the members but I wonder if they can cover with Samsung because of their co-investment for LCDs.
  • Reply 104 of 113
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Apple is no longer invested in Samsung.
  • Reply 105 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by e-thor

There is this article from Reuter (but at c|net) that talks about wireless transmition for video.

http://news.com.com/2100-1039_3-5147944.html

I'm trying to find if Apple is part of this research but to no avail. I mean it's not among the members but I wonder if they can cover with Samsung because of their co-investment for LCDs.

Interesting stuff, thanks for the link (actually I went to the MBOFDM alliance page and did a bit of reading.) Apple is definitely *not* listed as a member, though they are likely monitoring the progress of the group.

First products are estimated for Q2 2005 (based on projected silicon availability), so forget about seeing anything from Apple using this technology this year.

It sounds pretty good, but I'll have to wait and see what it costs and how it performs. And, for that matter, exactly how it's going to be deployed.
  • Reply 106 of 113
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Alan over at AVS has posted a single line update to the following question:

"Hey Alan, Any hints from your friend as to when the rest of us will hear something?"

Alan's posted: "March/April"

Looks like this rumor should resolve itself pretty quickly...

Dave
  • Reply 107 of 113
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

[B]Alan's posted: "March/April"

/B]

Magic 8-Ball says:

Too early.
  • Reply 108 of 113
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

Alan over at AVS has posted a single line update to the following question:

"Hey Alan, Any hints from your friend as to when the rest of us will hear something?"

Alan's posted: "March/April"

Dave

Yep, around NAB again.....April 17-22nd. I am guessing something on Monday the 19th, if there is any substance to this rumor. About time for kormac to rear his head.
  • Reply 109 of 113
    shawkshawk Posts: 116member
    If it's going to be announced at NAB, look for a system more useful to pros than to home users and priced accordingly. A HD display system for FCP perhaps.
  • Reply 110 of 113
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shawk

If it's going to be announced at NAB, look for a system more useful to pros than to home users and priced accordingly.

Pro use is where I would guess as well. According to Alan's statement and background, I would say that's probably true.
  • Reply 111 of 113
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

About time for kormac to rear his head.

funny, i was thinking the same thing..

where you at kormac?

before you haters start, we've had many positive discussions from his "speculation" than from most people who post here!
  • Reply 112 of 113
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    <miss piggy>KORMEE!</miss piggy>