iBook Logic Board Repair Extension Program

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Interesting development:

http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/

I think this is very good news, not just for those iBook owners with difficulties, but for Apple's credibility overall.

Regards

Jeremy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Yeah, [grumble grumble] but will they reimburse me for the $200+ I ponied up for AppleCare, solely because I was worried that my logic board might crap out on me for a third time, after the one-year warranty expired? Of course not. And of course it did. Fixed under AppleCare, for the third time, at 14 months.

So I get nothing from this generous new policy. Loyal, sensible customers get screwed. Well, not screwed, just...nothing. Cheap, short-sighted, fickle customers get cash money, after not having paid for AppleCare in the first place.

Oh well. At least my expensive, gilded AppleCare covered my dead battery, which had a shorter life than J. Lo's marriage...NOT.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

Yeah, [grumble grumble] but will they reimburse me for the $200+ I ponied up for AppleCare, solely because I was worried that my logic board might crap out on me for a third time, after the one-year warranty expired? Of course not. And of course it did. Fixed under AppleCare, for the third time, at 14 months.

So I get nothing from this generous new policy. Loyal, sensible customers get screwed. Well, not screwed, just...nothing. Cheap, short-sighted, fickle customers get cash money, after not having paid for AppleCare in the first place.

Oh well. At least my expensive, gilded AppleCare covered my dead battery, which had a shorter life than J. Lo's marriage...NOT.

sell off the rest of your applecare then and quit your bitchin
  • Reply 3 of 4
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I knew someone would run in here and turn this into a BAD thing. Get over it man.

It's nice to see them step up like this.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I knew someone would run in here and turn this into a BAD thing. Get over it man.

Who's sayin' it's a bad thing? It's great. Shocking, for Apple, but great - even if it should have happened a year ago. I'm just bitching and moaning that I get no joy from it. Since when are iBook owners not supposed to bitch and moan? One of our Great and Worthy Mods, in fact, perfected the genre of iBook Bitching. Current Hardware wouldn't be the same without it.