apps to play .vob files

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i have some .vob files that i want to view off of a dvd i own, and i was wondering what some apps that will let me view them are.

i just want to copy these few files to my computer, but i want to be able to view them as well, so i know which ones i want to copy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

i have some .vob files that i want to view off of a dvd i own, and i was wondering what some apps that will let me view them are.

i just want to copy these few files to my computer, but i want to be able to view them as well, so i know which ones i want to copy

You should keep the entire VIDEO_TS folder so then even Apple's DVD player can play it. I don't know if creating one and just putting a VOB file in there is enough.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Didn't you use DVDBackup? Copy the whole folder like bunge said. Still VLC or MPLayer might open singular VOBs, they do for me.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    VOB's can be played through the OS X version of Mplayer, found on www.macupdate.com.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    What Messiahtosh said.

MPlayer 2.0b6

Another alternative is VLC.

VLC Media Player 0.7.0
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Didn't you use DVDBackup? Copy the whole folder like bunge said. Still VLC or MPLayer might open singular VOBs, they do for me.

i just want to watch a few vob files, not the whole friggin thing kevin
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

VOB's can be played through the OS X version of Mplayer, found on www.macupdate.com.

i didn't know i could use mplayer for vobs, but mplayer rox
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Another alternative is VLC.

VLC Media Player 0.7.0

vlc is way too slow on my iMac 400 MHz