If you were a comic book character...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What would you be and why?

I ask because I'm a comic geek, and I know everyone has wanted to be a comic book character at one time or another... Right? ....

Personally, I used to always want to be a villain when I was a kid and in high school. I always favored the villains and rooted for them. When I thought about cool characters, I would think Magneto, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Lex Luthor, etc. But lately in college I seem to be reading comics and really rooting for the heroes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    innocent bystander, because they're the ones that get to use this face\
  • Reply 2 of 13
    I would definitely be Matter-Eater Lad from the Legion of Super Heroes. Or maybe Duo Damsel or Bouncing Boy.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Batman in Frank Miller's world. Because I would kick Superman's sorry ass.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    joseph wooten]*chorus*

'Cause everybody's waiting for the heeEero

When the hero is in everyone

Everybody's waitin' for the heeEero

But the hero is in everyone

*chorus* [/joseph wooten
  • Reply 5 of 13
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    I'd be either Moon Knight or Longshot.

I just thought they were cool.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'd be the not-so-innocent bystander. The reason for this is because after I saw some shenanigans going on I'd want to get involved. I'd be the nosey character to whom the police always say, "Okay, why don't you just stand over there and stay out of the way."

Ah, but I cannot. The Mac users are really the epitome of the not-so-innocent bystanders though, aren't we?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Antihero

"A protagonist who has the opposite of most of the traditional attributes of a hero. He or she may be bewildered, ineffectual, deluded, or merely pathetic. Often what antiheroes learn, if they learn anything at all, is that the world isolates them in an existence devoid of God and absolute values. Yossarian from Joseph Heller?s Catch-22 is an example of an antihero."

Yeagh!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    I'd have to be Duffman!

Drink Duff Beer!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    By anti-hero I mean someone like the Punisher.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Hero. From the days where fighting crime was a 9-5 job.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Hero. I would have to be. I'm a fire fighter. Who more appropriate to be a hero than me?
  • Reply 12 of 13
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Easy. Adrian Veidt (aka Ozymandias) from Watchmen.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    I voted antihero, but first off I'd want to be Wolverine, and I guess deep down he's a real good guy, a hero. But other than that I'd go with anti-hero, I wouldn't mind being a villain either, one of the ones with awesome catch phrases and a hot chick on each arm.