They are closing down.

bummer

You can still buy their remaining items at discounted prices:

Sale link

too bad, really.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Willow does have very good products. I really love their TiBook carrying sleeve.

In this "cash is short to everyone" people are looking for cheap products instead of more expensive but more elegant products
  • Reply 2 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    [double post...how did that happen ]
  • Reply 3 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Not a fan of the Willows, Waterfields, JR Hills, etc. They look really cheap to me. Gimme a Brenthaven for conservative styling or Timbuk2 for something more casual.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Always hate to see this kind of thing happen.

(BTW, I merged the original started yesterday with the one pscates started this morning)
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene Not a fan of the Willows, Waterfields, JR Hills, etc. They look really cheap to me.

Color me shocked.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    People do not appreciate 'things' any more.

Be it a computer case, watch or a hair comb.

We're so used to buying cheap sh*t which we just throw away and buy next one.

What happened to the respect of others labour? People used to care for things they owned, if something broke, it was being fixed, and not so easily discarded.

It all started with plastics, we could produce a huge quantities with a fraction of the cost of the same item made of wood, or metal.

Look at the old phones, photo-cameras, or just about anything, look how solid they are, compare it with today's items.

I'm trying to think of ANYTHING i 've bought and kept for more than say 10 years now, and you know what, other than books i can't think of anything.

• Reply 7 of 8
    A fleeting, disposable culture. Our entertainment and music is disposable.

I guess we shouldn't be too surprised that certain goods and services are too.

I do know, however, that we're going to look back in 50 or so years and go "holy shit...what happened?!?"

• Reply 8 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Color me shocked.

My sister's Brenthaven bag has metal reinforced carrying handles and high quality finishing all around. Why would I buy a Willow case when it's lower quality, but just as expensive? Look at their non-closeout prices! Yikes! No wonder they're going out of business.

EDIT:

Looks to me like they have way too many products too.

They overextended, don't make products as nice as some of their competition and overcharged? Are you guys confusing Willow Design with another company?