Profanity, partner's name hidden in leaked Microsoft code

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
You should all check out this link:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/biztech...rce/index.html

"The chunks of code -- riddled with hidden notes and profanity -- were posted on numerous file-sharing networks Friday. And message boards buzzed with anti-Microsoft comments, including "I hope they hack the hell out of it" and "I'm so glad I have a Mac."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    it says the message boards said those things about "hacking the hell out of it" and "I'm happy I have a mac." Do you think CNN quoted some of us on this board?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    The article in part reads:

Quote:

Dunham and others spent hours looking for clues in the code, a mix of assembler, C and C++ programming languages. The leaked Windows 2000 code contained 30915 files and a whopping 13.5 million lines of code, he said. And the Windows NT breach had 95,103 files and 28 million lines.

I'm sure we'll never know, but I'm curous how OS X compares in size and weight to these two Windows offerings, especially in light of the legacy/varied hardware the latter OS must support versus the accusation by some that OS X has a lot of (useless) eye candy.

[N.B. I'm not a tech-head, so the above may just be a bunch of gibberish.]
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ichiban_jay

it says the message boards said those things about "hacking the hell out of it" and "I'm happy I have a mac." Do you think CNN quoted some of us on this board?

That's the first thing I thought too...