Who has ordered an iPod mini?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

Maybe there are people that don't need the smaller size? Because I know if I was ordering an iPod now the only way I'd go for the mini is if I required the small size. Otherwise $50 for 11 more GB is amazing for the regular 15GB iPod.

I would have thought that combined with the arm band the mini would be the best running/workout accessory, well, ever. I run 40 minutes a day and lift 5 days a week, the mini is going to be such a better way to pass the time mentaly. I used to use the ORIGINAL iPod even with its slightly "bulky" form factor, to run with. Now, I was able to use it just fine, but I had to keep switching it in my hands as I ran. I got sweaty of course too and you know I just didnt like that feeling with such an expensive piece of equipment. The mini is going to be by far one of the most lusted after "gym accessories." 11 Gig's more is the most meaningless tech spec I've ever heard, not when you can sync what you want so easily and are only going to be listening to music for 40 minutes (portably) a day. Not to mention being able to have it on hand (just in case) because I might want to use it at school, or wherever I happen to be where I could use it. The car is another place I could use it too, but I dont do all that much driving. I think the form factor, although appearing not to be that much different from the other iPods, is a big difference. I wouldnt want to always carry around one of the current iPods, the mini wont even be noticeable in my pocket...
  • Reply 22 of 42
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I don't know, I've never had a problem running with my 1st gen 10gig iPod.

Whatever, if you want a mini and you think it's better for what you do then that's fine. I can't argue with that.
  • Reply 23 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

I don't know, I've never had a problem running with my 1st gen 10gig iPod.

Whatever, if you want a mini and you think it's better for what you do then that's fine. I can't argue with that.

I never had a real problem with running with the very original iPod, and compared to the mini it was huge! I just think the mini is far and away a more convenient "active users" choice and shouldnt be passed up by anyone that needs serious portability.
  • Reply 24 of 42
    Rather than start a new thread, maybe people could post their iPod mini shipping status here.

Mine is still "open" and "on or before 2-17-04. I am hoping to get it this week, I wonder when I actually will get it. If I remember correctly, I got my iMac flat panel in early March, when I ordered on the introduction day. Maybe Apple will have its act together with the mini's?\
  • Reply 25 of 42
    Is it possible that maybe the gap of time of the mini introduction to the delivery is so vast that not only do orders dry up, but customer excitement...even from the people who bought them? It's starting to happen to me, I need it now...SHIP ALREADY!
  • Reply 26 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

Well I recently lost my 40GB iPod, so I am in the market for a new one. I have a huge music library but I doubt I would ever on one trip listen to more than 4GB worth of music.

Oh, the thinking in killing me. I just don't know which iPod to get...the "bigger" one or the mini.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Item number: 3077372626

• Reply 27 of 42
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    See...I love my 10GB iPod. But its getting small in terms of size. I need more HD space. However I really detest the new button layout on the 3G iPods. The mini however has me. I love it. But I do need more space.

So I'm waiting for a 15GB mini iPod
  • Reply 28 of 42
    Just buy 3 or 4 mini's!

-Chris
  • Reply 29 of 42
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...=ADME:B:LC:US:1

This iPod is one of the few iPod's with the light blue backlight instead of the white! It's a really gorgeous display!

Did i miss something? Some iPods have blue displays?

Back on topic: No Mini for me, but if i hadn't bought my 15GB iPod in September i'd be on an iPod Mini like a pit-bull on a poodle.
  • Reply 30 of 42
    Well I don't post often but have to tell you guys that reverse psychology does indeed work.

I showed my wife the iPod I wanted to get with our tax return, but she was very hesitant to let me get one. I then showed her the Pink iPod mini. Now she says I can get my iPod, but only if I get her a Pink mini too. hehe whatever works.
  • Reply 31 of 42
    That is so awesome, the Pink iPod mini may be a collector's item someday. Congratulations man!
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Just called Apple to ask about my mini's shipping status, the guy told me I got my order in early enough that it will be one of the first out the door. He told me that, "the iPod mini release date is the 16th but orders wont begin shipping until the 17th which is when yours is going to." So I thanked him, and happily hung up....knowing I'm gonna be one of the first bastards to own an iPod mini!
  • Reply 33 of 42
    i ordered a 40gb when the minis were announced. being a fat bastard who chooses not to exercise, i feel that to be the correct purchase. if on the other hand i was a fitness guru, bring on the mini.
  • Reply 34 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cosmo

Did i miss something? Some iPods have blue displays?

Yup -- my 10GB had one. Really was amazing, and as much as people say the white is really the "same," just have to view in different light, I can't believe that. I kind of wish I hadn't have given it to my brother now since realizing the oddity of the blue light ---- maybe I'll get it back one day.

But the minis are going to be a crazy item with girls and gals of every age as soon as it's available en masse.
  • Reply 35 of 42
    My mini has finally shipped, just got notification.

Here we go baby!!!

Feb 16, 2004

9:03 am

Arrived at FedEx Ramp_

TA YUAN HSIANG TW_

6:03 am

Left FedEx Origin Location_

PAN CHIAO CITY TW_

5:24 am

Pickup status_

PAN CHIAO CITY TW_

Future pickup/delivery requested_
  • Reply 36 of 42
    Same here.

Ordered:

Minutes after Keynote

On or before 2/17/04

I requested 2-Day delivery....wonder why it will not arrive until Friday? Unless the 2-Day is not until it arrives in the US.

• Reply 37 of 42
    According to reports on the internet, the offical on-sale date is now 6 PM February 20 - this coming Friday. There will be an enormous shortage of iPod minis for a month or so. So, get out those paper versions just in case.
  • Reply 38 of 42
    My mini has left Taiwan and is on a plane headed for U.S. soil. Woohoo!
  • Reply 39 of 42
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I should be able to place an order in as little as a month and a half!

• Reply 40 of 42
    i remember when i first saw the mini on the apple website... i was so excited to see it in PINK! my eyes lit up and a smile eased its way across my face. i got that urge to laugh you get when you're so overcome with joy, but the self consciousness of knowing i was staring at my computer screen (albeit the cutest little screen ever: the ibook 12.1") muted my laughter. i was so freakin tempted to order it right then and there and if it hadn't been for my protective boyfriend, i would have. but being a student and working only part time puts a restriction on my spending habits. so i succumbed to sensibility (urgh, how unlike me!) and felt content to just download images of the mini for wallpaper. as i designed my planner for winter quarter (although it was already a week into the quarter), thougts of the mini still lingered in my head and it ended up as one of the pictures i chose to print in my planner... some would think it out of place among pictures of my friends and family... some would just get it and nod in understanding.

upon receiving the ipod40 for valentine's, images of the mini in its array of five pretty colors flashed before me. "does this mean i can't get a mini?" i thought. my boyfriend knew that i'd been wanting a mini and questioned if i wanted to return it and wait for a mini.... ipod40 now or ipodmini in a month or more... hmm... i'm all about instant gratification. so here i am with my new ipod - as happy as a clam.

so when you all get your minis, i wanna hear how much you love them.

and oh yeah... sorry. i didn't order one and have nothing meaningful to share besides the need to hear my own voice.

btw, soulcrusher: which colors did you order and are you planning to sell or are you just that indulgent (in which case, can i be your friend?)?